Strange engine performance?

Jayjohnson

Local time
8:09 AM
I know I’m suppose to check previous discussions befor asking a question, so if this is already been discussed I apologize. I did look but I’m not sure how to word it in the search bar so I have found things about similar situations but not mine specifically

So I have a 2 stroke, not sure what kind. It’s a small silver engine. I got it used from someone. It starts up easy enough, but I run into issue with the bike only running with chime barely open. But I’ve been playing around with it and have discovered, once I hit certain speed the engine makes a hollow ratteling sound and acceleration stops. At this point I can open the choke a tiny bit more, and the normal sound returns, and I’ll gain a bit more speed and then it makes the hollow vibrating sound again. I can do this a few time, each time the engine goes a little faster untill I get to open the choke completely. With full open choke the engine will stop 4 stroking, accelerate very smooth, and goes fast, faster. But if I stop or even slow down enough, I have to turn the choke back on immediately, and basically repeat the process of opening the choke, accelerating, opening choke little more, accelerating, so on and so on. Any ideas?

I just use high heat wheel bearing grease. The manager at the local NAPA will give me damaged oil and grease containers for free. He'll also give me the clearance quarts of oil for a buck a piece. I have a shelf full of oil and a couple things of grease.
Nice to have a line like that.

My 49cc Grubee Cranbrook build had an intake leak until I replaced the welded intake tube with a cast one. I then used a thin bead of Hondabond just to make sure. No problems after that-Gearhead437

I only ever used gasket maker on my clutch cover because I accidentally ripped the gasket. A better alternative for gaskets is grease. It will swell cork and paper gaskets and it's not bad for the engine to consume
I thought you used it on the clutch pads I was like is this some sort of prank but no I just don’t interpret the best

Back