Street legal lighting for H Whizzer

Traveler

Local time
4:31 PM
I have gotten my Columbia Whizzer project to the point it can safely be ridden. I have a new front wheel with drum brake. Now, it is time to get lighting. I know I need DOT approved lighting, and I am collecting parts. I have bid on a generator on eBay several times and lost the bid. Are there any suggestions on what to use to power the lighting? Is there anyone who specializes in getting a 64 year old Whizzer lighted for the street? I have had helpful suggestions from SPJ, and am sort of aware of the lighting I need, but the power and wiring are my issue now. I live in Ohio. Thanks for any suggestions.

Just idea!
I am in the same boat power a headlight.

The whizzer generator is a 6v and DOT is more like a 12v system. I bet just get a old wheel generator/headlight off Ebay would be good.

They do sell 12v dyno generator to run on tires but it like $100 for a good one to power leds.

There is dyno hubs that make 6v. Brake/dyno hub for $89.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/lighting/sturmey-archer-x-fdd.html

Maybe find a bike leather pouch that hang off the seat to place a 12v drycell battery. Go on ebay and get a old Delta handle bar light and change the bulb to 12v.

Here is a photo of mine dad headlight. There is a person on Ebay that is parting out a whizzer. He is call WhizzerB.I remember the name from the past. He works at a Harley davidson and he was in to new whizzers. I think this person is the same person where mine father got his headlight. You may want to email to see what he say about a battery setup.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NR-WHIZZER-MOTO...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a06d1507f

Attachments

• SS850074.jpg
    SS850074.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back