Stuck in max accelerating mode? Please help (throttle issue)

fogell420

Local time
2:18 AM
Finally got my bike to start today. Yay!
But it is constantly accelerating at max speed when it starts and the throttle doesn't do anything to slow down or stop it. I took out the throttle assembly, put it back together multiple times and it still is stuck in max accelerating mode. What must I do? Thanks in advanced..

Then you make sure the inner throttle cable slides easily and freely within the outer cable and you pull the carburettor apart to see what's causing the carburettor slide to stick in the wide open throttle position.

Not a hard situation to fix...

in addition to the slide not lowering enough, there could also be an air leak where the carb connects to the manifold or where the manifold connects to the engine.

if it isn't the obvious idle screw turned in too far, then the problem may be a throttle cable too short

check that all cable adjusters are shortened up, then if the slide will still not go to the bottom of the carb, trim an 8th of an inch or so off the plastic of the throttle grip

solution to this problem

Finally got my bike to start today. Yay!
But it is constantly accelerating at max speed when it starts and the throttle doesn't do anything to slow down or stop it. I took out the throttle assembly, put it back together multiple times and it still is stuck in max accelerating mode. What must I do? Thanks in advanced..

I had the same problem and couldn't find no one with the right solution so I start playing around with my throttle the solution is simple in top of the carburetor take out the big screwed you going to see a little black tube , Springs ,half moon watches, and a needle look inside through the carburetor hole you going toTo see a small little dot sticking out( inside the carburetor hole) now make sure that when you put the black tube with needle back in the carburetor there is a gap*in the tube make sure that the little dot goes through the gap on that black tube if you don't do that what will happen is that when you hit the throttle it will go up but it won't go down and that's the reason why is stays Accelerade I hope this will help you out or anybody else with the same problem

If your bike is stuck in max accelerating mode, then you have done something that i haven't been able to do. My bike only gets to "average" accelerating mode and that's on a good day...

Please tell me how i can get my bike to engage max accelerating mode; is there some special setting i need to use; is there some special button i need to press; is there some secret naked ritual i need to perform to get this max accelerating mode, because i'm prepared to do anything to make max accelerating mode happen !!!

Back