Sturmey Hubs for wide frame Cruisers & Choppers

Discussion in 'Dealer Advertisements' started by FireBellyCycles, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Sturmey-Archer 3 speed Disc mt Hubs $149.95
    massive 165mm over locknut distance [o.l.d. (distance between dropouts)]
    Disc mount allows for use of rigid mt sprocket & Hd spokes!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Website pic.

3. Heres the only pic I have!

Attached Files:

4. Youngbird

Youngbird Member

Got mine on saturday afternoon. Now Im having an adventure lacing up those 11g. spokes. WOW!!!!:whistling:

5. BrettMavriK

BrettMavriK Member

I may be going this route...
    Where did you find your 11 ga. spokes?
    How is the install process all together?
    Thanks,
    'BrettMavriK

6. Youngbird

Youngbird Member

BrettMaverick

I ordered everything from Evan at FirebellyCycles. S/A 3sp. with stick shift is a kit and got 26"x2.125 steel rim and 11g. spokes, all in one neat package. Its my first attempt at lacing a wheel though....but Im getting there, LOL.

Evan treated me well....answered alot of questions and made a prompt delivery. I highly suggest anyone do business with him.

7. BrettMavriK

BrettMavriK Member

I may be going this route...
    Where did you find your 11 ga. spokes?
    How is the install process all together?
    Thanks,
    'BrettMavriK

8. Youngbird

Youngbird Member

Previous post indicates all parts came from Firebelly. Install is smooth, smooth and smooth.:cool:

9. Awesome Youngbird, thanks for the good press! and I'm glad you had an easy time w/ it. That is a truly stout hub; don't forget the pics!:cool2:

10. Youngbird

Youngbird Member

I may need to stop by the LBS for a hand with the lacing. Cant seem to get the hang of the cross 3 setup. I did the paint on the frame this weekend and Im waiting on a front drum brake wheel to show up. I should start final assembly in a week or so. Man this is a long process, but at least I have all my parts except a saddle. Havent put my finger on a style yet. I will post pics in a step by step format once I start final build.:bandana: