Suggest a motor for me!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by HeavyMetal, Apr 15, 2010.

1. HeavyMetal

HeavyMetal New Member

Whazzup guys,
    Here's a quick lowdown. I've been riding a Harley Road King for the last 2 years, but I'm going through a breakup and will be losing my bike. I'm just looking for a way to get around town to save for the summer for another motorcycle. I need a motor that can do around 10-15 miles a day, and I'm about 200 lbs. Between 20-30 mps would work for me. I guess according to Florida law, I can have over 50cc because I have a motorcycle license. I'm just looking to ride this for the summer, so don't want to spend alot. I just bought a mountain bike to put it on. Can you guys give me some suggestions, and link to purchase it? Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010

2. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

Losing a Harley over a break up? OUCH!!!!!

3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Yea I think he knows:icon_cry:

Back to your question, I've built 5 Chinese HT equipped bikes. Although some people have issues with them, I myself only had a issue with the first build. I don't use that supplier anymore...(see my signature). 10-15 miles a day on these real inexpensive engines is a piece of cake. I don't depend on mine for transportation, it's just for fun. I have three towns from me 2 at 10 miles, and one at 7, and I wouldn't think twice about jumping on my bike and hit the road. There are a few vendors on here, and I don't want to play favorites...so do a search. Read...Read...Read..... Do it right the FIRST TIME.

4. HeavyMetal

HeavyMetal New Member

5. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

6. seanhan

seanhan Member

Man

I would just get on the Harley and book !!!!!!!!!!
    :jester:

7. seanhan

seanhan Member

A road King !!!!!

I would try recincelation !!!!
    beg !!!! :veryangry:

8. Rob_E_Rob

Rob_E_Rob Member

Others may argue, but I really don't see that much of a power difference between the 50cc kits and the 70-80cc kits so I think it's a waste of money, ppersonally. I would save your money and put it towards a shift kit, or a clamshell sprocket adapter, or other accessory for your MB.
    Also, I have had pretty good luck with DAX, but I don't want to play favorites either. There a lot of good vendors out there, but a lot of bad ones too.

9. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

OH NO ! Here we go about Luckyearlybird again !!!
    I wouldn't purchase from him either.
    If you do, you'll probably be like the early worm. He's the one that got eaten first, but the early bird !
    There are several reputable vendors on this forum, but you don't see luckyearlybird as one of them.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010