Suicidal speed draft on a pushbike

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I was biting my fingernails every time they jumped the bikes over white lines, and crikey, things could get real messy if it didn't go to plan.

124km/h is 77mph in the old money

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

These guys are bike handlers!
  3. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

I don't think they were going 77. 50 maybe
  4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Look at how fast the traffic (on the opposite side of the freeway) was moving away from the riders, when they were (visibly) at top speed, so i'm inclined to believe the 77mph claim.

I know that the Tour de France riders regularly hit in excess of 60mph (whilst pedaling) on the downhill sections of the course, but they are dealing with wind resistance.
    The bikes in the video had large sized front chainrings and compact rear cassettes, not to mention that their cadence was seriously high at times.

The riders in the video have effectively zero wind resistance, and going from my experience with motorbikes, you almost get sucked along; requiring virtually no throttle when drafting a large vehicle at speed.

I still say that at some point (sooner rather than later) one or both of them will end up in a hospital emergency ward if they are lucky and a coffin if they aren't.
  5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

This is 60mph and their cadence is slower than the two blokes in the previous video.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  6. troyg

troyg Member

I couldn't care less, I just want to get the inane posts from birdbreath off the top.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  7. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

They are going fast. These are strong guys and they are probably running a 53x11 and they are completely spun out. Under close inspection you could probably math it out.

8. max350

max350 Member

It happens many crazy things in Russia right now !!
  9. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

trucks here are limited to 100 :(

get away with anything in russia :)
  10. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

This is a great video! I'd really like to know who these riders are. I am pretty sure this is a Brazilian team, but I cannot find a roster. SADA ATP Grafica Editora. I think the best part is the final grab of the camera at speed! very cool!

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

and the government authorities are very open to being handed a brown paper bag filled with an appropriate amount of cash to ensure that whatever problem you have, just quietly goes away or you get granted a permit (that no one can normally get) to allow you to do whatever you wish, such as riding a motorised bicycle on the road without fear of being taken to the gulags by the DMV, just because your bike is a couple hundred watts over the regulations.