Super cheap expansion chamber

a/c man

Local time
7:56 PM
I found this pipe on E bay and couldn't pass up the deal.
It looks like I'll have to cut it and fabricate a header pipe from the exhaust flange with a couple of elbows to put this thing where I want it to land on my bike. No biggee. I'm also looking around my shop for something to make a
bigger better flange to match my exhaust port on the cylinder head.
I'm not unhappy with my current pipe, but thought this one would be fun for cheap to fool with. I'll let you know how it turns out in a week or so.
Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Exhaust-Pipe-for-49-cc-Super-Cat-Eye-Pocket-Bike_W0QQitemZ280480849958QQcmdZ

TIM

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
exhaust

That is the exact pipe I have on my bike. Works really great! I used the mounting bracket welded to it an a small piece of angle iron. Aloso used 3/4 EMT and is port matched.

Attachments

• DSCN2368[1].JPG
    DSCN2368[1].JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 587
  • new%20pictures%20bike%20021[1].JPG
    new%20pictures%20bike%20021[1].JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 558
I looked at that pipe too when i was looking for a chamber.
it's super cheap and can be modified quite easily...but at the time i didn't realize that it was actually an exp. chamber. I just thought it was a fat "looking" pipe with no potential for any h.p. gains.
i opted for the spooky tooth exp. chamber, and it made a world of difference.

expansion pipe

I could not believe what a change in performance with this cheap pipe. I ordered two more in case the became unavailable(a year ago). However they are much louder than my stock muffler but the gain is well worth it.

Back