Suspension Hubs - Awesome Bicycle Technology

I like that. ****, I'd put it on a full susspension bike. That along with a suspension seatpost, you'd think caddilac made it. That would be good for rigids and a rear one on a hardtail.

Yeah, looks nice, i'd probably only put one on the front wheel though, for obvious reasons.

Pretty cool. That could definitely take "the edge" off on a non-suspension bike.

One drawback that I can see though - I guess rim brakes would be out of the question with a wheel like that, you'd be braking going over some bumps and BAM, brake pads go into spokes when the wheel jumps up....I think that makes the usability of the hubs somewhat limited.

Interesting - they do have pictures with disc brakes installed on them, makes me wonder... wouldn't braking be affected when the wheel with the disc was hopping around and the caliper attached to the fork doing the braking remained stationary (compared to a suspension fork where everything travels together)? It would for sure limit the suspension effect under braking, as the braking would be trying to "stop" the wheels up/down travel....

I've contacted the person selling those suspension hubs in Australia and he informed me that the suspension part of the hub operates independently from the disk.

The disk runs concentric to the axle at all times, just like and disk brake wheel set.

Back