Swedish military bike

augidog said:
jol, all members always recieve full credit for their contributions...would you please use our "upload picture" feature in the future? if your remote picture host goes belly-up for whatever reason, we lose all your pictures.

It's easy for me to upload a .zip with all the pictures at another gallery instead of using a form for each single file, and I use the pics at other forums aswell... but you could download the ones you need and save them locally.

I went to the garage to measure the cylinder ports, ended up replacing the clutch lever with a smaller 3-speed lever with lock function and everything! :cool: What was not cool was that it came loose from its clamp, but some welding will solve it I guess.

Also checked out the travel of my brake lever to use as throttle, think I'm 1-2mm from "throttle WOT" at "lever WOT" :) Might build some lever to fix it.

pics still in my phone, will update later on

excellent post, Jol. true ...someone needs to work on the intakes & exhausts... keep us posted as you progress.

Following the progrss and it is coming along nicely.

The mismatch on the intake will not impact performance as bad as the mismatched exhaust. Or so I think.
Many are running well with no issue.

Ol' Pete said:
Following the progrss and it is coming along nicely.

The mismatch on the intake will not impact performance as bad as the mismatched exhaust. Or so I think.
Many are running well with no issue.
Yeah it's running ok, but why not better? :)

There is no best only better. :D
The Chinese engines need some break-in time. So ride it before your early Winter sets in. :eek:

Ol' Pete said:
There is no best only better. :D
The Chinese engines need some break-in time. So ride it before your early Winter sets in. :eek:
Hehe I've got atleast five more months before the snow falls (and the bimmer gets its icestuds :devilish:)

Fixed the mount for the clutch, the weld looks like poo on the pic but isn't, will be strong enough atleast :cool: (MIG weld btw).
1338_Photo0138_1.jpg

The car ignition lead, I'll relocate the cdi to either behind or below the engine for looks. Also the car carb gas filter, no worrying about paint in the carb. Brothers tractor stuff in the rear.
1338_Photo0139_1.jpg

The new drumbrake-front wheel, wrong green but the same 28" baloon style as the rear
1338_Photo0140_1.jpg

btw good form to upload pics, guess I'll use it from now on when I don't update with many pics at once

Some progress
1338_DSC00084_1.jpg

Added the kill switch, making me able to keep rolling with the engine off
1338_DSC00089_1.jpg

My new throttle, a slim bike brake lever shortened :)
1338_DSC00086_1.jpg

Also added some more rubber between the frame and the engines front to raise it up a bit, to get more pedal clearance.

iRide Customs said:
Looks like it's coming along nicely. Are there plans for a new paint job and if so, what color?

Dan
Nah, in fact think I'm gonna sell it in favor for my other projects

Back