Switching (To or From???) the Dark Side

The Challenge continues!

"Ohh to Boldly go where everyone else has already been".

Yeah my journey continues! With much well-recieved help from John "A" who sold me the "H", and provided many small parts,( also picking up the new control set from Fred "K"), to Ron Hoak (J installation Manual and the much-needed "clevis"), and Quenton for continued tech support!

I'd love to bore you-all with the gory details, except there ain't much to tell as of yet! I await one lil part, that will make this bike a reality in my life, the elusive "Clevis".

I'll list later all the "right" and "wrong" things I'm using to build this bike.

Attachments

• H Left side.jpg
    H Left side.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 261
  • H right side.jpg
    H right side.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 247
  • H with NOS pipe.jpg
    H with NOS pipe.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 276
More pics of "The Kit"

Hi gang I'm going to put these pics, and for those who may not know, I'll name the needed parts.

The first pic is the tank (modern Whizzer motorbike) then from left to right the 2 funny looking little clamps go on the cylinder head bolts to hold the throttle and compression release cables.
Next is an odd clamp that is for a later bike with echo tube exhaust, and has a nice straight pull adjuster for the clutch cable.
Then the ignition cover, and the brackets for the Flex pipe exhaust.

Next picture is from the bottom, orig. vibration bar, new Modern Whizzer Vibration bar, orig. bottom slider, repop rear Whizzer motor mounts.

New correct style, throttle and compression release, J style twist throttle, late type trigger compression release cables, repop clutch lever, modern brake cable for clutch cable.

Well what do you think about that?

Mike

Attachments

• Tank w parts.jpg
    Tank w parts.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Motormounts H.jpg
    Motormounts H.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 230
  • J control set.jpg
    J control set.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 246
So help me understand- are these parts that you need? I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking in this post.:whistle:

Point of topic

Hi Buzz, I've been in Motorized bicycles for around 9 years, dealer, distributor, again a dealer (different product) and even a manufactuer. If I did not know what was in a Whizzer kit, and how it worked, I can only guess many more do not either. All those are my parts, and in this thread I will build that Roadmaster into a respectable Whizzer and this way anyone who wishes can learn along with me.

What do you think about that?

Mike

Hi Mike,
Sorry, just was having a 'duh' moment. I couldn't tell from the pictures if you were comparing old and new, or requesting parts, or what. I get it now. I'm doing the same thing as you, and I have no experience at all with motorized bikes. With common tools too. No lathe, or ways to fabricate parts to join old and new. A definite challenge. What makes my build worse, is I'm combining old parts and a new era motor. Everything has to be adapted, very little is an easy swap. Flex pipe in a WC1 exhaust manifold? Nope, you have to make a piece to make it fit securely. The thing is, I'd like to document all of the things that I needed to alter to make each step in the installation work, but it would take up lots of posts and I'm not even sure that there's anyone that is all that interested, since nobody but me is foolish enough to put a modern motor, outfitted with early parts, in an early bike. Maybe together we can add our experiences with certain parts of the installation as it progresses, to answer the most common questions about any given task.

I've been toying with doing something similar with one of my vintage bicycles. I've got a 1938 Shelby Flying cloud that would be a good canidate.
One thing that I know for sure, is that there isn't enough room in that frame to mount a motor. Tried it. You need a curved down-tube, or a frame with only one top bar. Maybe you could get one of those 50-80cc Chinese motors to fit, but it's definitely a no-go with a Whizzer motor.

The Magical Mystery Clevis!

Hi guys, well the last lil thing just arrived last week. Yeah the amzing "clevis". This thing is a must-have to fit on the bottom of the easy-glide clutch lever. So now that I can figure out the time, and place to store the bike, I'll begin the assembly!

Mike

Attachments

• clevis.jpg
    clevis.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 241
  • clevis a.jpg
    clevis a.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 238
I'm naming it Romel's Rod

Okay kids, Romel's Rod is well on it's way to Whizzerdom. Getting the belts to cooperate and be even in tension is a lot more work than I ever thought. I'm having to have a carb spacer that has a 1/4 inch bevel so the carb sits level and has a little more clearance from the mid-bar. The plate to mate the H belt cover onto the WC1 still has to be finished, and the correct glass fuel bowl and line installed, replacing the rubber hose and paper filter(the nipple on the tank is metric, so it had to be filed slightly, and a standard die ran over it so it will thread into the fuel bowl like original). After all of this, the wiring. REALLY not looking forward to that. I'm amazed at the amount of fabrication and adjustments needed to do this..and I'm just building a Whizzer.
Every step has been a project, but as long as you're patient, it'll come together. Just slowly.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg