Break In Synthetic run in

Bighat

Local time
2:29 PM
Now we're in the right place. So, I've run in my 66cc 2 stroke engine on high quality synthetic oil. Now to start her I must walk her up to the top of a big hill, get fast and pop it. She's revving high even with the idling screw(?) six eights way out, so I slowly pull over to idle. The idling automatically balances out to where it should be. There's ample smoke from the exhaust. She's a bit worked going uphill sometimes; but as I pedal, (YEECK!), to help, she'll kick up. I replaced the oil fouled plug and switched to regular oil. I had her WOT twice today for ten seconds and she went o.k. Tomorrow I install the stock c.d.i which has been given a new premium wire and boot. Any suggestions on what I could do to better recover from this flub, (As long as they don't involve dismantling), would be welcome. This is her. She's my back up/winter ride. Name's Lemon.

Attachments

• Picturs 002.jpg
    Picturs 002.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
How to answer your own post

Git 'er fired up, put her in idle and spray a little carb cleaner into intake as ya give twists of throttle. Take her for a 20 minute ride. Next time ya ride, she'll start easier.

Last edited:
wait, who started this thread and who's having the problem?
revving high, hard starting and no idle control is more than likey due to an air leak causing it to run way too lean.
check your intake tube - cylinder gasket and make sure the carb is sealed tight to the intake tube.

You're right, it was an air leak. I sanded down the head and installed proper gasket job on the exhaust as instructed. No more air leak but still hard starting. Until this morning, when she came too on the first try. Last night she got a shot of carb cleaner into her intake and it sure seems to have done the trick. She's still a hideous beast to look at and ride, but she'll get you where you want to go. See the quote from Sparky? He's right as well. One proof for myself was seeing the oil fouled plugs.

You're right, it was an air leak. I sanded down the head and installed proper gasket job on the exhaust as instructed. No more air leak but still hard starting. Until this morning, when she came too on the first try. Last night she got a shot of carb cleaner into her intake and it sure seems to have done the trick. She's still a hideous beast to look at and ride, but she'll get you where you want to go. See the quote from Sparky? He's right as well. One proof for myself was seeing the oil fouled plugs.

the exhaust will have nothing to do with an air leak making the engine run lean. if you have a leak at the exhaust, it'll just be really loud.
it started so easily because carb cleaner ignites much easier than gasoline.

Back