Taking chain off engine and putting it on

I'm trying to remove the pin and using a nail and hammer is too much effort. plus Ihave to leverage to do that. so I will buy a chain breaker. But it is driving
mad that there is no way I can tell which chain breaker to buy- the chain is bigger than a bicycle chain but it's much smaller than a motorcycle chain.
I'm just buying the following and seeing if it works theres no way im spending 50+ quid on a motorbike chain breaker.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...Ds8sNCLGlBOzDOz5VIOjsk_uWOpIhCD2lEBoCtb_w_wcB

Plus I don't see any gear puller in my spare kit frustratingly.

Did you hit the pin flat then use a nail on a piece of wood or a hole in the footpath . should be ezy its just experience.

i have used a bicycle chain breaker a few times , but i think i ground down one side of pin flat then used a dot punch toe stop the bicycle breaker pin from slipping.

Just lucky its not this chain.lol

Attachments

• DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0132.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 129
The engine is dangling with one end of the chain on it and the other end on
hack saw,angle grinder,rotary tool with cut off disk! just cut it off at worst you lose one link.

Too heavy duty stuff- my needs don't justify those purchases.

How's this one .and its still a Baby chain....most are for conveyor . mining company's food plants you name it.

Attachments

• DSC_0134.JPG
    DSC_0134.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0133.JPG
    DSC_0133.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 101
hmm wonder what tool they'd use to get the pins for those ones out

Back