Recovered Talk about a BIKEbargain - 70 stolen bikes auctioned for $1,700

bamabikeguy

Local time
4:36 AM
So, I'm watching Katie Couric talk about how struggling cities and towns are trying to bring in money, and the third story was some New Jersey mayor selling over 70 bikes for a little more than $1,700.

So I clicked on the site they mentioned, GovDeals.com, clicked on bikes, 22 items offered.

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/catSelector.cfm?mycat=143&sortoption=ad&startrow=1

Look at the price on that electric bike in Oregon !!

Boys 20" Electric Bike Beavercreek, OH Current: $74.00 Bids: 4

Get your bike stolen, you could buy 22 to replace it !

Ofallon Missori seems to be stretching out the drama, 1 bike at a time, but could you imagine one of us idjuts getting 20 bikes for $50 and building THE Frankenbike??

So Sad

I just checked govdeals.com for bicycles and not a single result for 100 miles of my location. :cry:

and now I'm starting to doubt that website. Not a single result for ANYTHING within a hundred miles of my location. I'm about 10 miles from L.A. so that seems unlikely. :confused:

Keep in mind, they can only show you those items that have been listed with them. If the various governmental entities in the SoCal region don't use the service, then nothing will appear.

awsome thread

man thats cool.i see a few that r close to me.how come i didnt see this thread before?what am i doing wrong?do i not use the site right or am i not looking hard enough?

Back