Tandem Motorized Bicycle Project

Tom, Augie put me onto that tach too, been using it for over a yr. with no problems at all. good enough refresh rate for a MB and you can't beat the price.

steve

toms tandem!

hey tom the tandem platform is way cool! i origionaly got the bike to haul the wife around on but it soon became one of my favorites for open hwy. rideing as it tracks so straight & smooth, its a litte wide in the turns at first but you soon lean to handle the beast & is no trouble at all, the posabilitys of cargo hauling are endless. i thought about building a set of large saddle cargo bags/racks built on seat post, remove rear seat-install cargo system!! the little robin pushes our 580 lbs down the road without a hitch or blurb & you wont be disappointed! as you know the first concideration is the better wheels combo, mine origionally had the 7 speed cassette which was way cool as you could peddal assist more up to 30 plus mph! & hills were a breeze but the stock wheel turned into a taco & i decided to go simple for now & did the shimano cb 110 12 gauge coaster upgrade, which is ok for now but i want to end up with a cartridge berring wheel ,no ball berring tension adjustments & the wheel runs truer for belt allignment & less belt wear. the clincher brakes work very well in addition to rear coaster you can really stop this frieght train affectionately known as- das limo!! its also very fun to give people there first ride on a motoredbike & listening to all the yippies , yahoos, makes for a real happytime!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 361
hahahaha, I am excited about getting the thing running.

Just got a nice parts bike yesterday, want to start tinkering with everything today. The wheels are something that are a huge factor since 2x the weight goes on each wheel as normal.

the guy down front is peewee! so far the shimano cb 110 12 gauge wheels are holding up with proper tension & a whole lotta grease! keep us posted tom! i just finished doin a happy time build, yes me! and it rocks its the 50 cc version ive never felt one the zinged so scary fast lol!!

Got the frame and other parts painted and some stuff put back together. Just need to install the derailuer, seat, and brake levers and its going to be good to ride!

Attachments

• 100_2665.jpg
    100_2665.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 343
Back