Tank liner

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sourapplesfarm, May 28, 2009.

1. sourapplesfarm

sourapplesfarm New Member

Hey guys I'm working on my first bike and was reading something about tank liner. Is using this a good idea and does anyone know where to buy a small amount of it. The tank is so small it should'nt take much. Thanks.

2. spad4me

spad4me Member

Auto zone, Checker, O Reilly, NAPA ec. Just ask at the counter
  3. sourapplesfarm

I didn't know I could buy it local. I thought it would have to be ordered from a motorcycle supply or something. Im going to paint the tank this weekend so I'll see about picking up the liner today. Thsnks.
  4. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Its well worth doing as the tank gets pretty rusty! I'm going to move this thread to the general discussion forum, as this forum is really only for performance modifications.

5. sourapplesfarm

Thanks Fastboy. When I realized I entered this in the wrong forum it was too late. I tried to delete it and I tried to move it but with no luck. Sorry about that.
    I have checked with the local auto supplies and nobody has the liner. I guess I'll search the internet if you recommend to use it.
  6. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Thats alright mate, yeah I ordered mine off the internet in the end I couldnt find it in any shops. I got some off of eBay.
  7. spitball

spitball New Member

8. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

Eastwood sells it not sure the size or price but check their website out.
  9. sourapplesfarm

I know I need to line the tank but I'm having a hard time coming off the money. I checked the Eastwood site (Thank You) and it was $33. It seems expensive but your probably getting enough to do about a half dozen tanks. Too bad someone doesn't offer it in smaller sizes for applications like this.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009