Tearing down my old GT5 engine!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SEGACDX, Oct 28, 2014.

SEGACDX Member

So I finally got a new Kit from BeKits.com a GT5A, It's a dam nice kit and runs great too!

I thought it would be cool to tear down my old GT5 form Gasbike to rebuild it and to learn more about the insides first hand.

But I ran into a problem getting the clutch off, I got the nut off the clutch but I cannot get it to pop off with the remover tool and also the nut off the small chain drive gear is also stuck on there tight.

I was wondering if any one knows of any guides on tearing these things down; I would like to finally crack one open.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

not much to be done except pull harder
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

Tap on the gear while applying pressure on puller. Don't tighten the puller too much, as the threads are kinda soft, and will strip out.
  4. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Be sure to remove the lock ring washer.

SEGACDX Member

I got it completely disassembled; it took a long time but it was interesting to see thing apart up-close. I don't think I will be rebuilding it any time soon.

I got a few parts I can use for Repairs or replacement I know since the GT5 & GT5A are a bit different somethings like the Piston, Cylinder Body, Intake Etc.

Then some things are to far gone to use but I still got some useful extras from it.

I feel like I am finally getting the hang of building these things and keeping them running great.

Anyways I am loving this New Kit I got from http://bestbikeenginekits.com

This Guys Kits are dam good.
  6. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

yeah, they offered me kits at an attractive price, but between carrying parts for the 40mm rods & dealing with the newer model speed carbs (with the fuel inlet sticking out the side), I decided to stick with the more standard kits I've been getting (since I have parts for top ends & NT carbs on hand)

their kits looked good tho
  7. butre

butre Well-Known Member

the case can be hard to split sometimes but the actual disassembly process is simple
  8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member