Tecumseh 3.5 hp Beach Cruiser

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by Typhoon, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

I am going to mount a 3.5 hp Tecumseh on a beach cruiser. I have the belt centrifugal clutch and rear wheel belt sheave. What I need is interim pulley bracket set up that is between the clutch and the sheave. Does any one sell such a setup? Or know where I can find one? Basically it is two pulleys on a bracket.

Thanks,
    Typhoon

2. james65

james65 Member

Sounds like a basic jackshaft setup. Some of the go kart websites offer them for sale at a reasoable price. I would also check out ebay.

I have a 2 cycle tecumseh and sooner or later I will put it on something. So will be following this thread. Don't be cheap with your progress photos, as we all are open to good ideas!

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

intermediate pulleys

Thanks for the response, but this is not a jack shaft scenario. Please read the post. Thanks

4. professor

professor Active Member

What you describe IS a jackshaft set-up. Any intermediate shaft is a jackshaft.

5. james65

james65 Member

If it works like a jackshaft, sounds like a jack shaft, well I guess that we can call it what ever you like!

6. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Check in the Whizzer department. Their parts might work for you.

7. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Found it

Thanks for the reply. I have found exactly what I need. And...I'm not calling it a "jackshaft" ... lol