Tell me why I shouldn't buy Staton friction drive

I already bought a Staton friction for the first kit. I will probably order more units but for this test bike that one will do for that reason it needs to be a demo, swithched between bikes, loaned out etc.

Nice choice.

Do you happen to know the wait times associated with a friction kit from staton at this time? I wasn't sure if it would ship right away, or sometime in August... :confused:

I've got a Staton chain drive and three Staton friction drives. The friction drive is lite and quite with the TLE43, very reliable, simple. I would recommend a twin tension bar with a single cam lock and a smooth tread tire. If you set just enough roller tension so the roller won't slip, while holding the bike and at WOT, tire life will be very good. It won't slip on any hill. They will work on wet roads, as long as they are flat. A little extra tension and a gentle hand on the throttle are all that's needed.

Nice choice.

Do you happen to know the wait times associated with a friction kit from staton at this time? I wasn't sure if it would ship right away, or sometime in August... :confused:

I ordered mine 6/23...shipped a WEEK later...got it 4 days after that.
WC

May have been waiting for something to complete your order, that's happened to me before.

I got my Staton friction last week fairly quickly I think around 9 days. Its been on 2 bikes so far and more to come, thats why I bought the friction kit. I logged maybe 50 miles so far and it is outstanding, the friction part that is. The motor wouldnt stay running due a low oil shut off problem on the Honda.

I live in in the mountains where there are nothing but hills and mountains and it performed well except in wet conditions of course. I took it up what we call the Swiss Chalet mountain pass yesterday and it made with some pedaling. Half way up it started raining near the top it started slipping on the Kenda Flame tire. But of course this about a 2 mile steep grade in the Rocky Mountains so I was impressed I finally got to ride up it.

people always ask: will these things make it up Swiss Chalet pass? My answer now: Yes even with friction drive.

In dry conditions the Honda GXH50 will bog down before it slips, then its pedal time.

Yes friction drive works pretty well but it wont be long now before I move on to gear/chain and Nuvinci transmission/hub. I need to sell my motorcycle and then it's off to the big time.

Nice choice.

Ohh sorry I didnt see you were adressing me, yes it shipped right away.

Back