Tension Pulley (keeps moving)

gomabman

Local time
8:59 PM
I'm having major issues with my tension pulley. It keeps moving no matter how hard I tighten it. I've also tried moving it to different locations on the frame with the same result. Any suggestions. :unsure:

Do a search on this site for the little beast.
They are notorious for slipping, moving, rotating, folding, ruining rear wheels, and causing great personal injury both physically and emotionally.
The subject of them has been cursed, dissected, pondered, analyzed, banished, praised, and beaten to death. Some really nice alternatives have been developed as well.

I do recommend staying away from the "drill a hole through the frame" method of anchoring them as doing so will weaken the frame and increase the likelyhood of chainstay breakage.

Enlighten yourself with a search. You will only come out wiser in the end. :)

I used a strip of rubber cut from a washing machine hose, as a clamp grip. I put it on the inside of one of the sides of the chainstay clamp surfaces, tighten it down well, rubber crushes and holds very well. You need some type of fairly heavy, fairly rigid rubber, like a car's heater hose, or something of the like.

Back