Texas Titan

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Scottm, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Scottm

Scottm Guest

When I saw the FedEx truck pull up to my warehouse this morning at 9am I ran out to the parking lot yelling it's here it's here! It was the longest day ever, luckily I had to work my tail off so I didn't have to think about waiting till I got home.
    The Texas Titan is the fastest, coolest, smoothest ride ever. I hope mine will be too.
    I would have more installed tonight but I have stuff like feeding, bathing and tucking in the kids.
    Anyhow, it's going on a bike from walmart with 24 inch wheels and suspension all the way around.
    Why 24 you ask. I have some friends who just barely can't ride on 26's and the only thing better than riding a motorbike is riding motorbikes with someone else.
    The kit looks simple enough, not too many parts. I'm guessing Duane made most pieces by hand, like welding the sprockets to the jacksaft and PTO.

More to come. Someone else is getting their Titan soon too.:grin:

Attached Files:

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

That looks like it will be a cool ride Scott. I had one of those Next full suspension bikes around, but before I found out about MotoredBikes I cut the frame apart for something else. I could kick myself now. Anyway, lookin' good.

3. Yup looks all there. Duane rools.

4. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Hats off to Duane for listening to consumers. That or he just got tired of all the phonecalls and e-mails. He included a Made in America, plain English 5 page instruction book with pictures.

5. Dax is the man. always helpful, sells products he can stand behind and we can ride around on.

6. Scottm

Scottm Guest

All together now

Well here it is. It has to be the smoothest ride ever. The motor is up against my back and it doesn't vibrate or irritate. I will move it back some more.
    The only thing I had problems with is clearance with nuts and bolts which were easily reversed One picture shows the locking bolt that keeps the sprocket in place on the jackshaft. It was clicking against the T-post but quickly wore a groove in it and is quite now.

I didn't check the throttle cable ends before I started it. The metal end of the sleeve was hung up on the throttle handle so when I started the bike, it was wie open and the bike tried to stand up and take off.:shock: Amazing the differance 1/2 inch makes.

The kick stand on this bike does not even touch the ground. As with everything I build there has to be a bit of red neck involved. Nothing rebar and a welder cant fix.

This bike flies. I'll put a speedo on it tonight since I couldn't get off it today.

Attached Files:

7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

well, scott after seeing this. im sold. once the tax check gets here, im buying a titan and returning the p.o.s 1 boy go fast sold me.

8. Man that brings tears that install in that I see everything there like Cronus.
    Scott,maybe you can get two more tensioner brackets so you can do like on mine.
    HEY! I have yet another reason to go back to DAX besides the clutch springs.
    I had forgotten to get that Titan sticker!
    Tater,I'll tell you. This Titan package is the apithamy of SMOOTH.
    Duane done good here.
    Scott,on that last pic,would it do better with clearance if you flipped that sprocket so the tightening nut would fall on the other side? It looks real close,although if it's not hitting anything...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2008
  9. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I'm jealous as all heck and i've got nothin to say. ;)

Naa just kiddin(only about the nothin to say bit)........Extremely well done to all the Titan owners(and Dax) & hope u have MANY trouble-free miles in front of you.Keep us posted. :cool:

10. thatsdax

thatsdax Guest

Hey Scott.

Scott. I can send you a couple of brackets so you can move that motor back a few more inches. Like I did for Large. Let me know..Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Nice bike Scott. You must be amassing a fleet. About your kickstand. I just put one of those center stands on my Trek, and love it. I can look at clearance issues etc with the motor running.

12. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Well Van, I would have 3 but Mr. Toad has coraked, so it's just the Jaguar and Titan, plus my surprise comming up. I thought I never would go with a rack mount because I love the look of the Happy Times and it was mostly for fun. With this I fell like I'm actually conserving gas and having fun. I was stopped by 2 people today and got a big Hook'em horns from some guy in a pick up and zipped by a few of Watauga's finest.
    Duane the Throttle cable is just right, I just did it wrong like I did when I hooked up my first HT.
    Remember this is a bike with 24inch wheels so it's a smaller bike. But I have a lady friend who's gonna start riding with me. The no clutch handle part is awesome. Turn the throttle and go.

It's really cool to be one of the first to have this model. Duane gets to see all his hard work in action. Great job Duane and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support and patience. I'll bet it's been more than 20 pm's and e-mails all answered.

Is the center stand one of those motorcycle stands or the rear axle stands? My chopper stand hung too low on my Jag and is a mile away from the ground on this bike. I may get one of those rear axle stands.

Thanks Duane

13. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  14. thatsdax

thatsdax Guest

I am using...

I am using a rear mounted kick stand. Those are by far the best for a rear mounted motor. Puts the stand right under the motor and is very stable and perfect. If you can not find one, let me know. I will put my feelers out for one and see what I can find. My rear stand came with my bike. I could always call the factory and see if the sell them. Also.. I could not tell by the pictures you had a 24. You should be able to climb any hill with that setup. You may want to consider a 36T for that bike.. Thanks..Enjoy the ride...:grin:

15. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

16. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

17. Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  18. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

19. Does it flip back away from the bike?
    Yea you would think that's the best,but I like that center stand. I wonder if the frame stand does a better job. The frame stand has three points of contact. Stand,front and back tire.
    Center stand. Two stands and the back OR front tire.

20. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Thanks,

Thanks everyone for all the info and links. I have a motorcycle style that I got for my cruiser but it hung low and hit the ground everytime I turned and I tried it on this bike but if you look at the kick stand bracket or where it is welded, it points forward.

I love bikeworldusa.com, Debbie has been most helpful and I have gotten most of my parts from her and she ships fast.
    my LBS has some rear stands, which is probably what I'll do.

Went for a 6 mile ride today with my new speedometer. I love this Titan so much, no vibrations whatsoever, smooth and easy take offs and a smooth ride.
    I passed 6 guys standing next to 2 crotch rockets and a hot rod honda car. The looks on their faces was priceless:shock::cool: