Thank a Veteran Today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by augidog, Nov 11, 2009.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

remember, you're not honoring the policies or politics, you're honoring the soldier and the sacrifice :cool2:

2. Chris Crew

Chris Crew Member

Thanks, Vets.
  3. Barbie's hubbie

Barbie's hubbie New Member

Dear Chris Crew, it was my honor to serve you! For many years now, as a Nam vet., I have felt like a third class citizen, but it's all good, since, at least for the time being, we are free to ride our MBs (a great symbol of our freedom)
  4. augidog

augidog Banned

hiya Barbie's hubbie...thank YOU for the ultimate sacrifice our NAM-VET brothers & sisters made...service to an unappreciative society.

i'm a cold-war navy veteran, not a great record, but i did take part in a '76 west-pac and completed it proudly & honorably. machinist's mate, uss chicago, forward that was some serious gearheadin' i tellyawut.

i spent many years being even lower than a namvet, if that's wasn't until the mid (late?) 80's that the cold-war was designated as an official era of service.

again, thank you...i served with vietnam veterans, watched them suffer for years afterwards, and even into the 90's i was still losing friends to that horrible conflicts' after-effects.

be proud, brother, because you know who you are...ride on :cool2:

OP-EDIT: i tried to get the topic started as close to the 11th hour as i's amazing what a wee bit of recognition can do for a former soldier who's feeling down :)
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009