THank you for letting me join

k8jef

Local time
6:01 AM
Greetings;
My name is Jeff Spears. I live a spit and whistle North of Ann Arbor Michigan near
South Lyon. It is almost mid March, there is snow on the ground and I am visualizing
my new hobby for the coming warm season -- Motored Bikes!

I am fairly competant with news groups and forums. My approach is: Read read read.
Post when folks can benefit or with genuine questions only. Use subject lines that say
what the thing is about. Help keep the thing useful.

My mechanical experience is mostly of the 'armchair' variety. Although my ability to fix
old broken cars is fine, I shine more in talking about it as opposed to actually doing it. Not
to say I am inept---just lazy! For example: I just read a wonderful blurb on Wikipedia
explaining exhaust expansion chamber. I understand plenty now and can discuss
this with friends how to build one. Actually *building one* though---chances are will
probably never get around to it.

I can certainly fix my own motor bike on the side of the road if it keeps me from
peddling.

I have been thinking about posting a question to the forum in the garage. No doubt
some moderator cruises this group to reward newbys for doing the right thing.
Therefore, would you find a question asking about any experience using MSD
ignition circuits made for GoPeds--and whether they would work with Happy Time
motors acceptable and worthwhile? I searched for MSD ignition and 'spark advance'
and found nothing on the subject. What say you?

Thank you for having this great forum. Will do my best never to abuse the privlege and
welcome any comments from Moderators steering me in the right direction.

Thank you;
Jeffrey Spears (K8JEF -- ham radio operator)

G'day Jeff & welcome to MBc.
Youv'e got the right idea there(read read read)...any practical advice u might need fellow members will be happy to help.

if you have the knowledge to make a go of it, please DO get something started on that more-better ignition idea (choose "frame-mount" or "wild" depending on far you think it will go)...we have to find something practical to do with all those "misplaced" components ;)

keep in mind that you'll still be dealing with a very primitive and inconsistent magneto.

welcome to the MBc :cool:

btw-

k8jef said:
My approach is: Read read read.
Post when folks can benefit or with genuine questions only. Use subject lines that say
what the thing is about. Help keep the thing useful.
thank you for that...there's nothing like teamwork...enjoy the board :)

Back