Thank-you for this forum !!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chrisr1995, Jul 8, 2008.

1. chrisr1995

chrisr1995 New Member

Hello, Glad to see some valuable info. is indeed available for these bikes. I live in suburbs of Detroit Michigan. BTW, Detroit is Huge dump and an embarrasment to the state of Michigan. Too bad it's run by criminals and Yo-MTV Raps, Thug Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Chicago is what I wish Detroit could be. Anyway, my son just got the GFB 2 cycle china setup. So I've found myself becoming his mechanic. I see all the info on here is a BIG help. Needed to pull apart castings and smooth out the edges so the gaskets don't leak. Just poor craftsmanship and cheap soft parts. We first started out with a Homelite weed-wacker motor and mounted that on rear tire with a drive peg. It was direct drive with no clutch. Worked O.K. for awhile. He thought the GFB set-up might be more reliable, but he's finding that may not be true. I'm teaching him patients...and if he takes care of all the weak points with this new set-up, and don't race the motor, it should work fine for him. He just rides around 1-2 miles so if he does have a problem, he can still pedal home. That's about it.

2. augidog

augidog Banned

i hope the weakest point doesn't turn out to be his head...hehe...do you have him wearing a helmet and using full-time lights? so cool to see MB'ing in the father-son realm, it makes me all mushy :)

welcome aboard :cool: