Thanks for having me!

sunsetboy

Local time
10:41 PM
I'm currently transforming a Felt 40th anniversary Hot Wheels cruiser into my daily commuter ride for my 40th B-day! I just received the motor and look forward to putting it together in the morning at the end of my night shift. I used to race bicycles from the mid '70's into the late '80's mostly as a junior but was injured during a tour of duty in the Navy so I turned to muscle cars but as we all know, the price of the precious gasoline is steep! I considered electric but the technology is just not there yet for my applications and then I discovered quite by accident the motorized bicycle and now I'm so close that I can taste it ( actually, it's time for my lunch break lol)! I really enjoy the concept of combining my love of cycling and horsepower and I look forward to the many years of passing up those slow Mass transit rides that seem to eat away at least 3-4 hours of my life. No more for freedom lies in the engine powered wheels of my bicycle! Also, this feeds my long lost yearning to do something wild and creative.

Hey, no problem, sunsetboy. Welcome aboard.

I don't even need to go over the reasons to motor a bike; you've outlined them pretty well yourself. And you'll find helpful info and friendly people here.

Without a doubt the most worthwhile forum that I've yet found.

Happy riding.

Back