That didn't go so well for me, BUT my son...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jackofalltrades, Nov 11, 2011.

1. I have been working so much that my motorized bike project got semi shelved. My 16 Y.O. son pleaded and begged for the clutch for a project he was doing, then asked for the gears, bearings etc. I finally gave in and let him have whatever he wanted. He took a kids 10" pneumatic tire scooter, chopped the back off and welded on an extended rear, modified the front forks and put on 12" wheels and beefed up brakes, a 2 H.P. old school Briggs and built a very nice motorized scooter. :bowdown: I'm glad he did this other wise the parts would still be sitting there. I think I am just going to get a bolt on kit for now for myself. :likelots:

2. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

Your boy's got skills!

Maybe he can help you install your engine kit, and put some finishing touches on it.

More like a father/son project.:idea:

3. ddesens

ddesens Member

Post a picture. It sounds interesting.

4. I took some welding at the local Community college and have a small MIG welder so I taught him. I think there may be TWO engine kits under the Christmas tree this year! I'll have to look for a photo of his scooter!

5. I managed to find a photo of my son's scooter with him posing! Enjoy! This was the first version. He discovered a few design flaws mainly in the front fork and a weak area in the frame. These have been beefed up and a center stand added.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  6. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

Good job!

How fast does it go?

7. Guess it goes about 25MPH or so?

8. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

Ok, cool.:cool:

9. gia

gia New Member

I'm impressed with that scooter, and even more impressed that he's wearing a helmet to protect his brains! He did a great job.