that THING's a motorized bicycle or moped ?

You Riding a Motorized Bicycle or a Moped ???

• Total voters
If we put up the definitions of "moped" in the statutes of all 50 states, they would vary considerably.
They qualify as mopeds here in Missouri as the above poster notes, and the previous definition was 50cc engine, functional pedals, speed under 25.....
However, there have been imported mopeds that were just barely pedal-able; a French friction-drive model springs to mind. It was very heavy, and you could just barely roll along with the pedals alone.

I would not brag about it ! :-/

Why not, that's what you do in a revolution, lol.

click here
Let the Solution be the revolution.JPG

Here's an example:

Indiana-

9-13-2-109. Motorized bicycle.

"Motorized bicycle" means a two (2) or three (3) wheeled vehicle that is propelled by an internal combustion engine or a battery powered motor, and if powered by an internal combustion engine, has the following:

(1) An engine rating of not more than two (2) horsepower and a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty (50) cubic centimeters.

(2) An automatic transmission.

(3) A maximum design speed of not more than twenty-five (25) miles per hour on a flat surface.

The term does not include an electric personal assistive mobility device."

There is no statutory definition of "moped".

One of my bikes is a 23cc Staton friction drive. When I got it the box only weighted 14.8 lbs. When it runs out of gas I can lift the motor up and pedal it home easy. Not so easy with my HT motor. That sucker is a ***** to pedal home when it runs out. I run out of gas on the road alot !:mad:

If we put up the definitions of "moped" in the statutes of all 50 states, they would vary considerably.
They qualify as mopeds here in Missouri as the above poster notes, and the previous definition was 50cc engine, functional pedals, speed under 25.....
However, there have been imported mopeds that were just barely pedal-able; a French friction-drive model springs to mind. It was very heavy, and you could just barely roll along with the pedals alone.

Last edited:
Motorized Bicycles
A motorized bicycle, commonly known as a "moped," is defined under Indiana law as a
two- or three-wheeled vehicle, is propelled by a motor or engine, has no more than
two-horse power, a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50 cubic centimeters, an automatic
transmission and a maximum design speed of 25 miles per hour. Vehicles with
engines exceeding these limits are motorcycles, and a person must meet the licensing
requirements to legally operate such a vehicle. A manufacturer's certificate of origin or
a certificate of title, if any, to the vehicle will indicate whether such vehicle is a
motorized bicycle or a motorcycle.
http://www.in.gov/bmv/files/Indiana_Driver_Manual.pdf

Here's an example:

Indiana-

9-13-2-109. Motorized bicycle.

"Motorized bicycle" means a two (2) or three (3) wheeled vehicle that is propelled by an internal combustion engine or a battery powered motor, and if powered by an internal combustion engine, has the following:

(1) An engine rating of not more than two (2) horsepower and a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty (50) cubic centimeters.

(2) An automatic transmission.

(3) A maximum design speed of not more than twenty-five (25) miles per hour on a flat surface.

The term does not include an electric personal assistive mobility device."

There is no statutory definition of "moped".

Last edited by a moderator:
"commonly known as" is not law.

...but heck, for mine, I'm going with "Retro-Peda-Cyclic-Engine-Mobile"

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta go but I will say this. I have been on many forums and by now most of them would have started calling me names and such.

I am a REAL pain in the *** sometimes. This forum really is a fine bunch ! ! !

Peace

Dang - Finally The Correct Answer -- Almost

I'm going with "Retro-Peda-Cyclic-Engine-Mobile"

you so far have came the closest to the correct answer HoughMade

but it's more like a

Retro-Peda-Cyclic-Engine-Mobile - THING

how in the heck could you leave out the important THING ?????

remember as we ride those THINGS !!!! THINGS right ??

and to the moondoggie one
I started this thread so as to try and get you off my other thread
looks like it worked all so well
with a vote coming in at this time of 13 to 1
maybe you had better cast your vote
geeze so much to say and you have not even voted
yes we motorized (moped) riders are just born rebels I gess ??

Last edited:
no hard feelings here moonman

I have been on many forums and by now most of them would have started calling me names and such.

I am a REAL pain in the *** sometimes.
This forum really is a fine bunch ! ! !
Peace

no hard feelings up top the mountain here moonman
and we don't call the dirty names and such here on site -- a good THING -- that's right
yes -- I admit that I did call you moondoggie
all in fun I hope that you know

many blessings sent from top the mountain to mooner -- MM

Back