Thats a good sign

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by just for kicks, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Reading the bottom of the main forum page where it says "Most users ever online was" and it was yesterday, just hope it keeps saying yesterday which would mean a continuously active, increasing number of users all the time.

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

new members daily...many new posts/topics daily...

Tom has really tweaked our web searchability...a lot of the visitors/guests are ad-spiders and searchbots, but that is also a good sign, as it means we'll keep getting easier to find 8)

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

yes, I believe we are the some of the first bunch in a rapidly growing
    movement ! :cool:
    cheap transportation, inexpensively bought !!! :D
    isn't that how a guy named Ford got his name in the books?
    (in our case, any color you want...as long as it's silver !!!:rolleyes:)

4. But unlike fords products our little engines are made in china.
    I'd like to see "Made in U.S.A." stamped on them, well maybe not all of them just the most popular, best built, best value one:).

Someday member usage will peak I just hope this group grows very large before we see that.(with the admins keeping it family friendly it should)

5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

has it been awile sence you've been under a ford hood?...:p

6. Well loco I have been under a ford hood lately but the reference was made to ford in the beginning and thats where I was in my thoughts since these forums are just in the beginning stage.

LOL, try to keep up.:p

Atleast most of the products(EJIW) I have to work with still say "Made in U.S.A." but even that is changing a little at a time.

But back to the topic of these forums growing, it is fun to watch a forum grow and I expect many more interesting members and products to find their way here in the years to come.

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

when asked why he was paying his workers so much, henry ford said "i need someone to be able to afford the product." that philosophy jump-started the industry and was a huge benefit to the economy.

IMO, it's time we revived that way of thinking. we need to find a small tool & die shop that was once the mainstay of a small rural town somewhere, & put it to work making a universal install kit, with "Made In USA" proudly stamped on it.

i should mention that our first official sponsor, Golden Eagle Bike Engines, is already doing that to an extent. since they've decided they like MBc's philosophies enough to support us, i guess we must be doing something right :):D:cool: