Thatsdax Inframe titan Is now In

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by plinko, May 23, 2010.

1. plinko

plinko Banned Got the In frame titan 50 cc's In .I took a look and I must say I am Impressed.Especially with the price being only 350 bucks for a complete 4 stroke kit.At that price I wonder If It's a good deal or not.Being most In frame 4 strokes and rear mounts run from 500 to 750 bucks from gebe,staton,and ezmotorbike.It looked pretty Impressive and I e mailed duanne and he says some people got 30,000 miles from their titans.He also got rear mounts for those who do not prefer the motorcycle wanna be look or want ease of tire change and Installation.

2. moondog

moondog Member

He has answered every one of my emails and returned all of my calls.

His rep helps make that kit a very good deal.

P.S. Staton has never answered my emails. I gave up trying.
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. plinko

plinko Banned

Heard staton's customer service could use some Improvement.Same goes for gebe.I am seriously thinking about getting this In frame kit on a worksman bicycle.Not decided yet.But very seriously thinking about It being It's 300 bucks cheaper than the hua sheng motor kit and looks to be better made.So far I found thatsdax and pirate cycles to be 2 of the better vendors.
  4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I wonder what type of 5.25 to 1 reduction gear box it uses?
    Does it have screaming gears that get hot like staton's? I hope better reliability than the Hoot gear boxes?
    I could not see the left side on the single site photo.
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

$350 for a 4 cycle kit plus say $100 new bike and you have wheels. Great deal in my mind. Its just personal choice for me but Id never buy a happy times with the 2 4 strokes I have. Get a better quality bike though in my opinion if you can, the quality alone makes a difference in the ride. I just got a diamondback for my new build and it will have the honda or the Titan on it. DAX rocks!
  6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it could be used with a shfit kit.

TREEWK Member

Sky, Here Is A Couple Pic`s Of My Diy Titan Shifter. Very Happy With The Titan And The Shift Capability. Need The Gear`s Because Of My My Size. Have The Big 34 Tooth On The Rear Cluster, That Also Helps. I Have 3 50cc Titan`s And To My Knowledge The Are Hua Sheng. I Bought 2 Of Them From Dax, He Puts His Dax Sticker On Them. He Is Very Helpful, And The Engines Pull So Nice Thru The Gears. It`s Fun Shifting Thru The Naborhood. Ron

Attached Files:

8. nidyanazo

nidyanazo Member

**** that looks like the handling is seriously compromised with that design...
  9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Nid those are my thoughts too, plus the moving parts near your leg and the exhaust hitting you. I think DAX fouled out on that design.
  10. TREEWK

TREEWK Member

It Works Flawlessly. Been Riding It Since Last Summer. Have The Parts And Shoulder Bolts For A Spring Tensioner, And Will Put A Small Plate Or Plastic Cover Over The Motor Sprocket. Has Not Been A Problem For Several Months Of Riding, But Could Be Hard On Things, Like Fingers. A Friend Told Me , When He Was A Kid, His Drunken Uncle Told Him To Start The Pickup Motor So He Could Check Fan Belt Tension. He Heard A Lot Of New Words When His Uncles Finger`s Went For A Ride! That`s Why Most Thing`s Are Idiot Proof These Days.

Had To Loosen The Mount Bolts And Slide Motor Ahead To Adjust Chain Once. Don`t Feel Any Off Balance From The Motor Position. The Titan Has Impressive Torque Thru The Gears. Yes It Needs A Safty Sheild. And I Did Put 2 - 1/2" Copper Plumbing 90 Degree Elbow`s Together To Redirect The Exhaust.

If This Post Upsets Anyone, I Will Be More Than Happy To Delete It. I Must Have Forgetten Which Forum I Was On!! Ron
  11. Skyliner70cc

No worries, you won't be banned for having a different view or have your post deleted for no reason.

Your setup does appear perfectly functional but for me, it lacks a certain aesthetic aspect-visual balance/symmetry. I'll wait for a completely in frame design 4 stroke shifter kit. I'm sure someone will come out with one. I bet the Titan is sweet with a geared system.
  12. TREEWK

TREEWK Member

Agree With You Completely 100%. Thought Sbp Released Their 4 Stroke Shifter !! They Did Post Picture`s Of It Assembled Awhile Back. It Looked Good. Around 50 New Motor`s And Near 70 Bike`s To Play With. Need To Mount My High Hp Morini One Of These Days.

Sixty Years Ago The Neighbor Helped Me Build My First Motorbike, Many Motorcycles And Race Car`s Later Am Back To Motorbicycle`s!! Called Full Circle!!?? Hard To Beat The Looks Of The Happy Time. I Have Some Inframe Shifter Builds Planned And The Jackshaft Parts On Hand. But You Need A Bit Longer Frame For The Jackshaft. Have 2 Stretch Cruisers And Nine Schwinn Oc Choppers Includes 2 Jj Choppers. Recently Bought A Mongoose Cb 24v 450 Electrec Bike. Have It Almost Converted To Gas Power, Waiting On 44 Tooth Wheel Sprocket. Enjoying Different Types Of Builds.

Have A 600 Hp 514 Cubic Inch Displacement Aluminum Head`s Etc Ford Engine Purchased 11 Yrs Ago And Have Not Installed It In My 72 Mach I Pro Street Yet, It Is Complete With A 460 Engine, I Drive It On The Street, Street Legal. Maybe Next Yr Will Install The 600 Cast Iron Pony`s (and I Can Drive Everyone Of Them). Building A 28 Ft House Boat Now. Ron

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  13. TREEWK

TREEWK Member

Picture`s For People That Like Them. Ron

Attached Files:

• 614.jpg
      File size:
      36.4 KB
    • 1129.jpg
      File size:
      119.6 KB
    • 1142.jpg
      File size:
      147.6 KB
    • 1143.jpg
      File size:
      172.7 KB
  14. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Ron, so many projects, so little time...

EXACTLY like how I am!

I have a 1957 BelAir coupe with a 383 SBC/9:1 AFR's/roller cam sitting for 6 years. Need to work on that soon.

And my MB's...and my CH150 Honda scotter...and my Whizzer...and my push cart...and...:jester:
  15. Skyliner70cc

I have neither $$$ and even less time to finish my projects which include:

1. Restoring a Chrysler Sno-Runner

2. Pull 1.3L rotary from my 91 RX7 Vert (its cherry with about 32k miles on it) and drop a corvette engine with a 6 speed tranny.

3. Build 5 model airplanes in my garage and get them flying. Clean up the dozen engines I purchased from an estate sale that are 30+ years old and collectibles.

4. Build a paraplane or ultralight with the rotary engine
  16. TREEWK

TREEWK Member

Most Of Us Can Relate To Too Much Month And Not Enough Money. Did A Lot Of Snowmobiling In Wis, Never Heard Of The Chrysler Snow Runner.

I Have Way Over Spent, Can`t Help My Self. They Say Money In The Bank De Values, But Our Junk Get Better!! Hopefully. Later Bud, Ron
  17. anthony1973

anthony1973 Banned

Not my cuppa tea but,Looks reliable.
  18. Skyliner70cc

Chrysler Snow Runner: Mine is 30 years old and just needs some paint and minor parts. I owe, I owe, its off to work I go.

PS Please say prayers for brother who lost his job last week. His employer, a local school district terminated him 2 months before his 1 year contract was up so they wouldn't have to pay unemployment insurance. He was great at his job and saved the district hundreds of thousands of dollars in a short period of time. He cleaned up the mess and fixed things and they rewarded him by eliminating his position ;-(
  19. TREEWK

TREEWK Member

Sorry To Hear About The Brother`s Job Loss. That`s Why I Never Tied My Can To Someone Else`s Tail They All Talk The Good Talk (give Us Lip Service) But When It Comes To Money They Could Not Care Less About Us.

This Economy Is A Terrible Example Of The Trickle Down Theory! All The Money And Good He Did For Them Was Yesterday.

I Think The Tv Series "dallas" And Jr`s" Antic`s Hurt Our Moral Fabric ! If You Make Money It`s Ok!! Madox And All Those Jerk`s Think They Are "jr"..