Official ThatsDax Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Aug 4, 2008.

?

Please rate your experience with ThatsDax: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

60.7%
  2. 4 - Above Average

25.0%
  3. 3 - Average

3.6%
  4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Poor

10.7%
  1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

2. Duane is my go to guy. I don't live too far away so I rarely do take advantage of shipping but long ago I ordered a Magneto and a Roller tensioner from him and it shipped within 3 days. I have purchased a Titan from Duane.
    Duane and I have kept communications with each other when it comes to my bike. Because I live not too far away Duane did the install. Duane has really gone above and beyond when it comes to my purchase. It's amazing how well he treats the customers out there just by looking at his customer returns at his loss.
    I broke my pull starter when that truck side swiped me. Duane gives me another one. In fact,because I have the warranty he tells me anything that breaks down the road,to just let him know. I've also gotten a 48 tooth sprocket for better bottom end I absolutely love.
    I feel very fortunate to have Duane as a friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Dax warrantied an engine on day 30 of my warranty and didn't count shipping time to me or from me as part of the 30 day warranty.

Dax EXCEEDED my expectation for customer service and made things right with a new replacement engine that worked as it should.

I highly recommend DAX.

4. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I ordered a DAX 70cc engine for a friend of mine. He mounted it on a Huffy Cranbrooke and it was his sole mode of transportation. In the first year alone he put over 6500 trouble-free miles on the engine.
    Duane was good to deal with, his price was quite fair and the shipping, although not the fastest, was timely.
    I recommend DAX.

5. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I love ordering from DAX. Today was a the first time I had an issue with DAX. I ordered a replacement/spare gas cap and two 67 cc head gaskets. The last time I ordered a head gasket from him it was in a nice protective cardboard sandwich. This time both were loose in the mailer with the gas cap. Needless to say they are kinda bent up. I will email him for resolution.

This sounds a bit like a negative review - but really I will order from him again. I generally think he is great and honest. :grin:

Just a follow up. DAX already responded and is making good for me!

* What you rated the vendor (scale of 1-5) = 5
    * What items you purchased = lots of his small goodies!
    * Shipping time = a few days
    * The vendor's support for their products = par excellence
    * Ease of transaction = can you say "easy button"?

6. Simonator

Simonator Guest

No problems with Dax. One time he sent me the wrong item. He let me keep it for free, then sent me the right item. Thanks!

7. try1897

try1897 Guest

Duane and the Dax's people have been there for me when ever I had a problem. They fixed the problem with a fair and honest deal and had no B-S about it. They have an ex supply of parts and are quick to help solve a problem . They offer help to figure it out. On a one to ten I give them an eight. I got a 65 cc from them and it runs good and has been for a year now.Got my order within a week and have been happy with the product........T in W.V.

8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

I don't now where to start. Duane is the one who turned me on to MBc just about 1 year ago. I've bought 4 motors 1-50cc, 2-70 cc Happy Times and one Titan. One of the 70's is for a guy I met while out riding who wanted me to build him a bike like my Jaguar.
    The only "argument" I may have had with Duane is him not letting me pay for a replacement part I broke. And there's been a few.
    I can't imagine having so many customers who knew so little about these engines, an still have the patience to deal with them/me.
    This is the first hobby I've had in years. My kids, my family, friends and even my ex wife all get a kick out of my bikes and enjoy seeing me have Happy Times again. I have so many stories like this http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7018&highlight=Fun+Police
    I could write a book.
    Thanks Duane for all the Happy Times!:D

9. w31john

w31john Member

I've bought three engine kits from Dax. all are just fine and I'm happy with them.
    I will go to him for my next one.:grin:

10. B.K. Hosken

B.K. Hosken Member

Dax's kit was good, all parts were there, and everything worked. Only 4 out of 5 due to slow shipping. Good e-mail response for questions, and excellent customer service with install problems I had (my problems due to not being familiar with the engines, not a kit problem).

11. spunout

spunout Member

i gave Dax an above average, because their motors have 8mm head bolts, and wrist-pin roller bearings. good customer communication. only complaint is the all-plastic throttle assembly.

12. jmccrury

jmccrury Member

I've ordered a couple of replacement parts from Dax. The first was a magneto that I ordered on Thursday and received the following Monday. That didn't fix my problem so the next Thursday I ordered a CDI, but it took a little over a week to receive. It was still a fast shipment though and his prices were the best I could find at the time. I will be buying from him again.

13. chrisnbush

chrisnbush Member

DAX is great

I got one this fall, reading a lot of good reviews on the forums. Got it inexpensively on eBay.

After 400 miles, the upper bearings went, I am pretty sure this was just a fluke as the engine clearly ran smoother than the 1st motor I owned (1500 miles on that one). Anyway, he shipped me a replacement motor no questions asked, and I was even a little outside of the warranty period. It is running great.

His gaskets are all good, he clearly either gets a superior product, or upgrades them himself.

I would give him excellent except for the ship time is a little slow.

Thanks Duane !

14. hillofbeans

hillofbeans New Member

Did lots of homework before testing the waters. 8mm headbolts were a big selling point, as well as price and parts selection. By far, the best that Duane and Grady offer is a lot of years and experience in selecting and providing us with durable, efficient, and affordable products that they happily back up. The lead time is a little much, but it looks like every kit is gone thru to insure quality, and to add the extras that make it a Dax product. Be nice to see larger gas tanks, and some chromed parts.
    Tom Hill

15. cspaur13

cspaur13 Member

ordered 36 tooth sprocket. its a good product. cheapest i've found on all the sites. held up to my abuse. fast shipping. there very helpful and have many great products.
    thanks,
    cody

16. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Finally decided on the Titan XC50 for my friction drive setup. I called him this morning to ask a few questions about it before ordering. He called me back in a few hours and thoroughly answered all my questions for me and took my order over the phone.

He mentioned how busy they were and that it would be three or four days before it would ship, and when I mentioned I was hoping for it sooner and paid for FEDEX 2 day delivery, I got an email with a tracking number saying it was shipped THE SAME DAY!

Duane is a first class guy and went out of his way to help me out. I will definately refer him and buy from him on my very next chance I have.

Will update this review when the engine gets here in two days....

5 out of 5 stars for the excellent customer service he provides!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the engine delivered today by fedex...

Larger sized boxed that was packed extremely well with a ton of styrofoam shells in it and the engine was sealed tightly in plastic wrap.

Unwrapped the engine, filled her with oil and gas, and on the 2nd pull she came to life at a nice smooth and very QUIET idle!

I have not riden her yet (friction drive setup), but the engine sounds very nice and looks to be of very very high quality.

All in all it was a true pleasure to deal with Duane and DAX...

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  17. strotter

strotter Member

Ordered Titin engine. Shipped out within 5 days, as their website says. Works great!!

Definitely recomend them!

18. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Duane took time out of his day to sort through a pile of piston rings with a mic!
    BGF burnt me on an internet deal and left me with a motor that wouldn't run.
    Although Duane's current motor's didn't have my size ring, he was able to find something close enough that put my HT on the road!

Nice to meet an honest guy in this world and read the other possitive reviews left for him.

19. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Kit took as long as expected to arrive. Don't like the signature required for delivery.
    Price was great.
    Packaging was above average.
    Customer service was good.
    Website sucks though. I so want to see something different. Very hard to get around. pages are too large. I don't like sound on pages usually but I like to hear that motor zooming when you get to the site.
    I haven't installed the kit yet.

Agree with other poster about throttle. Something should be done in China to address that cheap plastic. That's not really Thatsdax's fault.

20. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

ordered 3 separate shipments from thatsDAX... nothing was broke, shipped fast, and came with what I ordered. Can't ask for more.... I rated them excelent