The Air Zoo- A GREAT trip

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HoughMade, May 21, 2009.

1. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

My oldest son (11) and I went to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, MI last weekend. If you like airplanes, you'll love it. If you like military history, you'll love it. If you like machines, you'll love it. If you like space, you'll love it.

Besides the airplanes (wonderful collection), there are activities including 3d movies and simulators. There are full motion (barrel rolls, loops) F-18 simulators.

Here are some pics...but because I know my audience here, I will start with a 4 cyl. Indian, an Ariel and an Excelsior-Henderson.

Attached Files:

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Now the airplanes.

Attached Files:

3. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

...and a few more. This is just a sample. Great place!

Attached Files:

4. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Awesome Houghmade. Love the bikes. Planes are interesting too. Looks like a very complete collection. If you are in the Fargo, NoDak area they have a smaller but very nice aero museum too. Also have some motorcycles and even some tank engines.

5. kitcarguy

kitcarguy Member

WOW Great photos. I enjoy all sorts of machines and I am a fan of military history. I was just given a big box of photos that are of my grandfather during WWII.

There is one photo that sticks out when I see your photos of planes. Its one he took but I do not remember the location.

Its such an erie photo to me
  6. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I'd say that the photo was likely taken in France or Germany. It shows the remains of a Luftwaffe (German Air Force) Junkers Ju-52 tri-motored transport. That aircraft was a real workhorse, and was also operated postwar by the Spanish, Swiss and French Air Forces, as well as numerous commercial operators. There are several still flying in Europe (including one with Lufthansa's Heritage Collection), and one here in the US (with the Commemorative Air Force).