The Best Seat Competition

brendonv

Local time
9:21 AM
Well guys ive just installed a 48cc happytime engine on my mountain bike but the seat just doesnt cut it, so im looking for a new seat. Theres many out there, which is the best. First of all the place i will probably buy the seat from ( kmart or Big-W ) stock Schwinn products so im hoping they have the big schwinn seat a lot of people have that is like a chair, if you dont no what im talking about its here: http://consumerdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/schwinnnopressurebicycleseat.jpg

This seat has mixed reviews, good and bad. I want a real comfortable seat, next is gel seats. I no my local stores listed above stock many nice looking gel seats, dunno the brands but they seem comfy, wasnt looking for a seat at the time so i didnt look well but they look nice.

Next is gel overlays or seat covers, there a thin layer of gel seat that u put over ur seat. There cheap but i dont no if they would do the job.

What is everyones opinion on the best seat?
thanks,

From Brendon.v

we wish to protect our VITAL WORKING PARTS

and that large seat looks like a good start

when it's late at night and the time is right turn on MB light get it in sight

and --

Ride That Thing Mountainman

Last edited:
Looking for a better seat myself too....

I am starting to think, the bigger the better when it comes to seats!

There are tractor-style seats available. I don't have a pointer, but I've seen them on the web.

My understanding - I haven't tested this - is that "noseless" seats are dangerous when turning because they can't resist you sliding sideways and thus off your bike!

sliding off "noseless" seats

"noseless" seats are dangerous when turning because they can't resist you sliding sideways and thus off your bike!

yes - our seats help greatly at times - helping to hold us in place

I was eyeing up a "noseless" seat the other day
regarding medical reasons for men
they are a plus in that area
but - with the thought of sliding off

I wish to JUST SAY NO -- at this time anyway

when we are in the middle of

ride that thing Mountainman

the last thing we want to be doing is -- SLIDING OFF !!!!

Go ahead and drop some cabbage on a Bontrager! I've got this onehttp://bontrager.com/model/06535/en and I love it! The seat cushion is sitting on a "hammock" of springs and the whole thing is set on two coil springs. By the way, it's rail mount, not post. Didn't look to see what bike you have, but this might present a problem.

I have a Diamond Velo seat on my cruiser style MB. Highly recommended. I got it from Spooky Tooth for $40. Do not waste your money on a WalMart 'gel' seat. Not worth a ####. On my Velo, I ride all afternoon with comfort, and it's bouncy! I look like Eddie Arnold driving the tractor on my favorite TV show, 'Green Acres'. (duh duh duh dut dut... dut dut!... and so forth)

Mr. Haney

Back