The "BEST" wheels for Motorized bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flattracker

Local time
12:34 AM
These are "THE BEST" wheels for Motorized bikes

All spoke problems have been solved, never break another spoke! Driving the rear wheel solved. Sprocket /Chain alignment PERFECTthe first time!

Almost ZERO chain vibration! No more rubber disks to wear out. Check out whats on my dual suspension 'Rural Assault Vehicle! Take a look.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=24547

Sorry about the crappy pictures. Nothing too special about the bike except its dual suspension.

I'm overjoyed with the wheels, and my new drive system! I've wore out many bearings, and taco'ed many a rim motorbiking.

THESE Teny wheels will get you off of your spokes. Get your drive chain off your spokes! Never replace, or adjust another spoke!

Quit warping rims! After four motored bike builds, and a few trips (130 mile trip on way in eight hours)and wheels later, believe me It'll be hard for any wheelmaker to top these Teny wheels for gasoline powered bicycles.

Guys, spoked wheels just can not top these bad boys!

Attachments

• rims1.jpg
    rims1.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 8,022
  • rims2.jpg
    rims2.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 8,141
  • rims3.jpg
    rims3.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 5,598
  • rims4.jpg
    rims4.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 9,611
Last edited:
Use a decent high end dual walled rim and have it laced heavy gauge spokes
by someone who knows what they are doing you wont have issues with spoked wheels either :-S They are also lighter than composite rims and offer less wind resistance (to the one you have) Glad they worked for you but they re aren't necessarily the solution for everyone.

KiM

One Piece Wheels Vastly Superior to Spoked wheels

I agree. These aluminum/magnesium alloy, one piece wheels may not be for everybody. They are expensive. These wheels are for lazy people like me, that don't like to tighten,adjust,dish,replace,buy, and in general deal with spokes and their hub problems!

I'd rather spend my time riding. Been there done that with the spoked wheels.

A $1000 wheel is no better than the $55 generic wheel when it comes to attaching a drive sprocket to them! These little buggers(engines) play H*ll with your wheels, front and back.

Attaching an engine to your bike will cause accelerated wear in all areas. At the speeds reached with these engines, you've exceded the bikes design parameters, and theres a lot of flex in spoked wheels.

That affects the bikes handling, and the wheels rubber in contact with the road... i.e. your traction.

All sorts of things change. Like your center of gravity for instance. You can get yourself into trouble if you are not careful!

You'll screw up your spokes! I have a wheelmaster HD 26x2.125 laced with 12 gauge spokes in the background against the wall in one of my photos.

The reason its against the wall and not on the bike is why? Broken spokes. I Bought it brand new from a high end bike shop in Dallas,Tx.

I specifically told the fellow what I was going to attach to that wheel, and the Wheelmaster 8speed freewheel with 12 gauge spokes is what he sold to me. For about $55.

After about 200 miles I've got 3 broken spokes and a bent axle. I only weigh 225 pounds!

The only maintenance on these wheels is replacing the sealed bearings. Just my two cents on the issue.

What Wind Resistance?

To each his own. If you have not ridden on these mag wheels then you have nothing to compare them to. I own two sets of them. So how can you honestly make that decision? Once you try these wheels, you may decide your spoked wheels suck.

I am merely stating that a superior method exists for the attaching of a gasoline fueled engine to a bicycle wheel.

Anyone that cant see the facts of no spoke superiority, over spoked wheel inferiority, must still believe in Santa Clause! Lets not argue facts. Everyone has an opinion, and I dont get involved in others opinions, its yours.

Addressing the wind resistant issue, there is none. With no spokes, theres much less physical mass available there for the wind to hit. These wheels are RIGID. Ask any Harley rider, or any motorcycle rider where loose spokes, or wheel flex will get you. I'll tell you..... DEAD.

Without the engine running, theres not enough wind resistance, at least not enough for me to notice any, riding in the 25 to 35 mph gusts that occure here daily,(central texas, Waco area).

These wheels bearings are so precise, if you put them on your bike, turn it upside down wherever the wheel is heaviest/unbalanced it will roll to the bottom, allowing you to counter balance the weight.

Weight should'nt be an issue for all the power that you motorized riders have. Its not for me, I dont pedal. These wheels, held one in each hand, with a spoked wheel of the same size, there is very little difference in the weight of the two.

The difference comes in riding them. Spoked wheels will get you blown across the highway down here, mag wheels offer much LESS wind resistance. Spoked wheels are almost like dragging around a parachute in high wind, compared to these!

Wheels cost

You can find them on ebay. They come in colors. A guy out of Taiwan called 'taibilling'. Go on ebay and search for unique no spoke rims. I've bought two sets from him. He ships fast too. Mine got to Texas from Taiwan in seven days! I paid $165 for one set total shipped to Texas. If you're going to use these on a motorized bike you'll need the "top hat adapter" $42.50 +shipping (also on ebay-search sprocket adapter) for the sprocket. You'll also have to enlarge the sprocket center hole 53mm to 54mm to fit over the wheel hub. Washers will adjust the chain left or right. Do yourself a favor, visit the hardware store and replace the chinese nuts and bolts with good old American grade 8 hardened steel! This is what it looks like installed. See photos.

Attachments

• dsc_053.jpg
    dsc_053.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 6,024
  • dsc_055.jpg
    dsc_055.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 5,715
Last edited:
Anyone that cant see the facts of no spoke superiority, over spoked wheel inferiority, must still believe in Santa Clause! Lets not argue facts. Everyone has an opinion, and I dont get involved in others opinions, its yours.

Best tell all the manufacturers of Motocross bikes they are doing it wrong, guess they still believe in Santa Claus too...horse for course mags aren't ALWAYS the better option pal...

I would be more worried about that thin wall tubing on the bicycle frame getting all that vibration from the stink motor you clamped to it and snapping as your u-beaut mags roll you down the road ...littterally :p ..

KiM

Who me?

Nah, we dont worry about that all that silly crashing stuff in America. Thats for sissys. Besids, whats a little road rash every now and then? It'll make a man out of you.

I'm pretty sure Teny rims are not exploding all of a sudden, throwing innocent hapless victims to their doom anywhere on planet Earth at the moment....So you'll be safe.:unsure:

Gee, dont sweat the small stuff dude. They're only $165 a set.

If it ever breaks, they have a lifetime warranty.

I guess you didn't believe the part about me putting hundreds of miles on the things. Neither set has failed me in four years of hard riding.

We go with what works, not whats cute. They're not out of your reach!

Oh yeah, Teny Wheel Co. does recommend that you do not do any dumb stunts on these wheels. So these aren't for kids.

Last edited:
the big a** spoked wheels on my felt cruiser are awesome. I have hit small curbs at speed with them and they still roll straight as they day I bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back