The bike is almost finished

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by Little Thumper, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Little Thumper

Little Thumper New Member

Just a few more things to do....This thing should be a beast!!..:grin5:

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      File size:
      130.6 KB
    • 006.jpg
      File size:
      121.5 KB
    • 005.jpg
      File size:
      163.2 KB

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Proof that a friction drive bike can look cool. The exhaust rocks.
  3. Stoney

Stoney Member

I am loving this!
  4. Little Thumper

Thanks guys!!...The pipe is made from a Yamaha YZ 80 aftermarket expansion chamber..I got from a motorcycle salvage shop for $20....

The motor is a Cag stage 3 (54 cc) I ported the intake manifold & has triple stage black widow reeds.....Also the exhaust has been port matched...This thing should fly!!.The power output will be close to 5 hp @ 12000rpm..My goal is to cruise easy at 25-30, and get it on at the track...Aka.. vacant parking lots.. 50 plus mph !!!...:cool2::grin5::D
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Friction Drive

Hey Thumper, Thats the first friction drive I've seen that I think looks cool. I've always been the "gotta look like a motorcycle" guy. I know it's not street legal but I would put on a 49cc sticker, try to keep it under 30, 35mph and rip up the streets with that bike. Please don't take that as GOOD advise though, Thats just what I would do. Good job, VERY COOL.
    Big Red.
  6. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

tis agreed. one funky lookin bike, with a sexy pipe to boot... :whistling:. the mounts a little bit too light for the motor imho, but whatever... :)
  7. Little Thumper

Hey HS...Thanks!!!...As for the rack mount...It is STRONG ...It has two cross braces that tie the rack together, and the rack is fully welded !!!...The rack is built with 3/4" by 1/8" steel...:D
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  8. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

50 mph at Grange Motor Circuit this Sat April 7th? :D
  9. Little Thumper

AHHH!! Still not ready!!!....When is the next race???...I love the Youtube vids of past races!!!,,,,:cool2:
  10. Little Thumper

Ok...I got the bike running on Easter...The V drive roller works awesome!!:D I cruised it nice and easy...still breaking it in. I need to tune the carb and work on the clutch. The clutch engagement is too high..As for the performance so far..The bike does 31mph at half throttle...At little less than 3/4 throttle it hit 38mph, thats as hard as I pushed it....When I get it broke in and tuned...I will put the hammer down, and see what she will do!! Oh yeah...It sounds mean !!!
  11. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

your title is a bit mis leading...

I thought it was a four stroke, LOL. Anyway its a very well built M/B IMO. I wish i had room for a welder :( . I could do a sleek style mount for my custom gebe sheave F/D mount Motobecane build.