The bike trailer hitch Scott M. made me!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eltatertoto, Feb 23, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

remember my trailer thread? well scott saw it and thought of a great idea for a hitch, and made it for me! i have not put it on yet, but i did bend one of my own bolts around it. scott provided me with 2, but i had an extra, in my toolbox, and bent it around my sissy bar. may i add, i just used an old seat post as a lever, no torch, (i dont own one) i did a vid of the hitch, and it is at my youtube (see in my sig) and pending youtube procesing, it is already uploaded. thanks again scott!, and when i recover from my killer well it aint a cold, its like a mutant cold lol ill put it on the trailer. i cant thank ya enough scott!:grin:

2. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

3. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Very cool tater. I hope it works. You did a good job of adapting, which I figured would have to happen. The only possible problem I see with the "hook" is that when you slow or come to a stop, the trailer will still be moving forward, thus un-hooking it self from the sissy bar. That's why the hose clamp might have gone bad from the jerk starts and the push stops.

4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

actually, i squished it in the vice after i put it on, so it wont come off, but ill just have to put it back in to remove it.

5. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

its more of a bent u than a hook, so it looks like a hook, but in reality the sissy bar wont fit through, you would have to pinch the sissy bar to remove it as it stands.

6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Looks cool. Hope you get to feeling better soon Eltater.

7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks van, i think im gonna tough it, cause i REALLY want to put this on! lol

8. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

update

i put the mount on, and tested it, and it works wonders! no more hose clamp poking me in the butt :grin: so thats a definate upside. and i got the cam all tied up, and mounted, and then i realised i left the cam on overnight.... thats like the biggest bummer, cause 2 day was like the only day 4 2 weeks where its over 32 and not snow covered, but i guess when my car comes ill have somthing to do lol.