The Buiding of the Andian!!!

why remove the flames on the tank? flames make things look more like a hot rod.

well, now that i went and looked at the pics. those flames are not the best looking flames. (i'd remove them too).
besides that, i think they are decals with clear coat sprayed over them.

You're right Motorpsycho, they are decals. I've got my own decal that I'm going to put on the tank. A friend is making me up a set of decals that would look much more at home on this bike. It should be fun! Engine should be here on Friday! I see a weekend install coming!

So what does everybody think, should I paint the mirrors black or leave them chrome?

Motorbike, Welcome, You Are Doing A Bang Up Build. Glad To See The Tank On A Bike, I Got One Last Month, Black With Red Flames, I Think!! Lol. Yeah, I Remember Now, Black. Have Pics Of It On My Tailgate. Where And How Much For Cap And Gas Line Barb? $40 With S/h. 2 1/2 Gals Cap. I Like The Chrome Mirrow`s, Paint May Peel. Thinking About The Fork Tube. When Tube Is Threaded, It Weakens It Considerable. The Bracket Banging Away 2 Or More Inches Above The Bearing Nuts Is A Worryment! If You Have Or Could Get A Long Neck Tube To Extend Below The The Top Head Tube Bearings. And If The Locking Wedge Would Be Below The Top Bearings You Would Be Safe. It Would Also Reinforce The Higher Fork Spring Position. The Fenders Do Add A Nice Look. Have You Designed The Tank Mounts Yet? How About A Nice Side Pic With The Tank? I Would Like To Buy More Of The Tanks. This Addiction Is Bad!! I Remember When I Was A Kid, Would Paint Bike With A Brush And Hardware Hank 24 Hour Enamel And Ride It The Next Day Before The Paint Was Dry. Later Ron

Hi Treewk,

Thanks for the compliments! I like it so far and I've got more neat stuff in store for it. At least, I think they'll be neat! :D

I didn't modify the tube on the forks so, theoretically, the tube runs the entire length of the assembly and is as strong as the factory unit. The only point that I feel I will need to keep an eye on is the spring mount and the copper coupling. IF I see any wear there, I'll replace the part with a section of black iron pipe that is much heavier, thicker and of course, harder to work with. Time will tell.

I saw that tank on these forums and had to have one. The gas cap is item number 230395528082 on ebay. I got the ignition with it as well because I'm going to try and do something with that as well. The petcock for the tank is item number 380137886995.

Thanks for checking it out!

Treewk,

Here's a side pic of the bike along with a photo of the mount. This one came out a little rougher than I'd like but when I took measurements, I didn't account for the thickness of the metal when I transfered them onto the metal. Therefore, the mount came out a little fat for the application. Down the road, we'll be addressing that but for now, the tank is mounted.

Attachments

• Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Tank Mount.jpg
    Tank Mount.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 241
Mw, I Think The Tank Looks Perfect. Always Thought The Ht Tanks Look To Small. But, For The Low Kit Price`s One Should Not Complain. I Thought About Some Rubber Around The Tube For The Rear Tank Mount With A U Bolt With Acorn Nuts On Top (painted Red Of Course!! Lol). Thanks For The Pics.

It's A Hemi!

You're doing a GREAT job on your Andian, pal.

Off topic, but I just can't keep my eyes off that hemi-powered classic hotrod in your garage. Could you tell us a little about that car?

Hawaii Ed would love it too.:giggle:

Yeah, it's a Hemi!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

That's my 27 Model T ford. Been working on it since High School. That hemi is a '56 Desoto 330 cubic inch engine. I've been piecing it together slowly. Someday I'll get it finished. Right next to it is my 32 Chevy. It was my best friend's dad's and I bought it from his widow after he passed on. I've been working on that one currently. Someday...

I'm happy to talk about my cars also (always been an enthusiast) but, I've got to report that my engine just showed up!!!! Minutes ago! I ordered a Black STallion from Gasbike.net and when it showed up, it turned out to be a Grubee!!!!!! Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to get it together.

I also got a headlight on the Andian. I bought a house spotlight from Home Depot (one of those with the little transformers that go outside by your walkway). I had to build a mount for it (not painted yet) but I think it'll work fine. I have a 7ah gel cell battery that I hooked up to it the other night. It only dropped 1/10th of a volt an hour so, as long as I don't do any marathon midnight runs, I should be fine. I'll be putting a rear light on it soon.

Attachments

• Headlight.JPG
    Headlight.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Garage Scene.jpg
    Garage Scene.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 186
Andy, Thanks For Sharing With Us. It Looks Like You Have Learned One Thing We All Learn In A Short Time! A Mans Shop Or Garage Can Never Be Too Big!! Lol. Ron

I hear ya there TREEWK!!!! Between the cars and the bikes and the airplanes, it's getting kinda tight! At least everything in there is a roller so I can remove them and work on them or, make room to work on something else.

Got the engine mounted tonight. I've got to do some painting to make everything look good. Had to make my own front mount, like usual. I don't have the petcock for the fuel tank yet so I'll have to use the one from the kit. It'll make for a nice comparison between the two and I know that the petcock is on it's way. I should have some pix tomorrow.

That black Grubee looks great in the frame!

Back