The empire collapsing from within

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

2. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

Don't you have your own government to worry about?

3. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Perhaps you need to read about Henny Penny or Chicken Little.

If you spent less time pointing out problems of others, perhaps your domestic relations would improve.

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

The Australian government is simply irrelevant on a global scale and to some degree even on an internal scale, because when America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold; having significant financial and social effect to every corner of the globe, regardless of national domestic issues.

Australia does as America tells it to do. The F.T.A. superseding Australia's industrial relations laws (should they get in the way of business) is but one example and military procurement is another.

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I went most of the way around the world when i was in the Marines. Every place I went had moral issues. I'm not going to pick on any particular nation.
    Good battles evil everywhere.
    I do believe that idleness is the devil's workshop and a government that pays able bodied people not to work compounds the problem.
    If you haven't done so already, go visit the middle east and experience some of their morals.

Barry likes this.
  6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Generally I think we mean well. The one I'll never figure out is iraq2 and how the hell we got snookered into that one. To this day no wmds in any quantity have been found. 5000 lives and trillions in treasure spent and the country is in irans camp now.

7. butterbean

You think they were looking for wmd's? Sure, if by wmd's you actually meant fossil fuels.

8. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Iraq war was a good idea, but hindsight is 20/20.
    The increasing crime and violence in the States is partly because we have become more urban. We are packed in closer together.
    I realize that the population of Japan is denser. However Japan is far more culturally homogenious. it allows no immigration.
    Many nations have very restrictive immigration policies, limiting their cultural diversity.
    I'm not at all saying immigration causes crime and violence.
    The clash of cultures in crowded cities sometimes does.

9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

and huge profits were to be made in both of the Iraq conflicts, not to mention the quasi quantitative easing effect on the American economy without any of the negative side effects of Q.E. by simply looting one country's economy and dumping the money into the home country's economy.
    In many ways, you can see why America so desperately wants to find some way of engineering another large scale war, but this time in Iran.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/jul/07/iraq.features11

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Donald Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion - that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Minnery, a former Marine turned whistle-blower, is risking his job by speaking out for the first time about the millions he noticed were missing from one defense agency's balance sheets. Minnery tried to follow the money trail, even crisscrossing the country looking for records.

"The director looked at me and said 'Why do you care about this stuff?' It took me aback, you know? My supervisor asking me why I care about doing a good job," said Minnery.

He was reassigned and says officials then covered up the problem by just writing it off.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  12. butterbean

Did you know that Australia is going to pass legislation that will require every citizen to pass a criminal background check before getting a tattoo, then require them to register their tattoos? Good luck with that!

13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It won't be long before the citizens of North Korea have more freedom than do citizens of Australia, and it won't be long before citizens of Monaco look to Australia as having unaffordable property prices, not to mention cost of living expenses that make a Saudi oil Sheik think twice about purchasing basic grocery items, like milk and bread.

The way things are going, Australians won't be able to afford to live in their own country let alone have basic common law freedoms, because politicians are pushing hard to turn the country into a republic.

14. butterbean

At least in the heathen land of America, we don't have to register our tattoos or pass a background check to get one.

15. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Ah yes, America,...where you have to p.i.s.s. in a cup to get a job cleaning up p.i.s.s.

16. max350

max350 Member

USA get probably watch out soon for China, they own well at least half of us government debt. + soon as all of major companies in the whole world, they have begun to take over Africa, They're going to take over the entire world economy .................. Europe, America, Africa - watch out !:veryangry:

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

America can solve all of it's immediate fiscal problems by placing an immediate and total ban on military expenditure, which means bringing the troops home; bringing the ships home; bringing the planes home and mothballing all military hardware for 5 years as well as stationing all troops on foot patrol in crime ridden areas with powers limited to "only" stopping "an offence in progress".