the great NW spring "run what you brung"

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by stude13, Oct 7, 2008.

1. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi riders; there seems to be enough nwters and bc riders that we could have a fun run sometime in the spring of 09. cabin fever remedy? please someone step up with where, when and who? mitch

2. JE

JE Guest

I'm game. There is some nice riding in my neck of the woods.

3. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Mitch's house. April 18. 8:00AM.

4. mabman

mabman Member

Count me in. The further north the better. Some great riding out of Bellingham for example. Hint, hint.

5. stude13

stude13 Active Member

thanks paul. my thought is a nice sunday get together and ride with maybe a small swap meet. i hope more would attend a one day outing. it wouldnt have to be sponsored event. just a nice spring get together.

6. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I'm in - just need a place. Maybe meet in Skagit county??

7. mabman

mabman Member

Two Stroke through the Tulips?

Yeah, the tulips are out in the spring and make a nice diversion down there in Skagit. Plenty of wide open road also.

8. stude13

stude13 Active Member

is there a lake with a road running around it near bellingham or skaggit that would work. that should work nicely for our northern neighbors.

9. mabman

mabman Member

There is a real nice ride around Lake Whatcom that would work. Well at least the western part is around the lake and the rest goes up a real nice valley. Probably around a 50 mile lap with some nice spots to stop along the way.

10. stude13

stude13 Active Member

that sounds real nice.

11. JE

JE Guest

Sounds fun to me. Just need a date time and Directons and I'm there. The whizzer is running great and I've been itching to take it on a long ride.

12. stude13

stude13 Active Member

whoa JE sometime next spring.

13. JE

JE Guest

LOL........:grin: I know should have some more stuff done to the motor by then. I'm going on a 30 mile ride this weekend.

14. stude13

stude13 Active Member

i think the run will be held within a few miles of I5 so directions will be simple. i have been hopeing to see some interest from BC and vancouver. but it is early.

15. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Maybe we can get Pablo to check out Marymoore Park. Lot of cool places around there and is just a little east of Seattle.

16. augidog

augidog Banned

gimme enuff notice & i'll ride to it and back...maybe crash with a buddy and have a visit before or after...i'll definitely be itching for some "spring cleaning" by then :cool:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  17. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; well its been a couple of months since the spring run was brought up. i know its still a couple of months off. im just hopeing to kindle some interest. how about some canuks chiming in. stay tuned. mitch

18. beast775

beast775 Guest

canuck here

actually i was ready in august but the motorcycle shop went belly up:sweatdrop:.last bit of stuff went into storage this week,im back on my feet,charged up and not scared to ride.count me in!

19. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Okay. The rebuilding of Black Sunshine is almost complete, couple more things to redo, and I'm ready. So let's make this happen, what do we need and when/where?

20. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hey punk; your sound ready but i think its a little wet. happy new year.