The greatest things in the world...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sparky, Jan 22, 2009.

1. sparky

sparky Active Member

What are they?

My list would start off something like this...

(1) Motored bikes (DUH!!)
    (2) Open source software, specifically Ubuntu and remastersys which allows one to make his own customized Linux distribution. Click "Install" and there's nothing left to do after that but use it since it's already been customized before you burnt the CD/DVD.
    (3) Smartphones
    (4) Broadband Internet
    (5) Internet radio, especially Radio Paradise
    (6) HDTV, especially watching Planet Earth in HD
    (7) Guns
    (8) Pocket knives
    (9) Backpacks
    (10) Waffle House
    (11) Females

What else am I missing?

2. MotorMac

MotorMac Member

things in life

Waffle House!!!??? whats so good about Waffle House?
  3. sparky

sparky Active Member

Hmm... well, I usually stroll in there around 2 am or so, and the ladies are lookin' so beautiful (HAHA). Then I get some quality service as those gorgeos ladies bring me a glass of water to help with my headache. And I dunno how they do it, but they make the best scrambled eggs I've ever had with some biscuits and sausage gravy all for a lil' over $5 plus tip. Or I could get the All Star Special if I'm really lookin' for a waffle and those amazing hashbrowns. And going there for Christmas is also very nice because it's usually empty even tho they're open. No hassle with cleaning up, etc... and then the family can go back home for better socialization, opening gifts, etc.

I guess it's just that when I go to Waffle House, it seems like we own the place.
  4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Not a bad list.. I've never heard of "Radio Paradise"..I'll give 'em a try before long.

And I kinda like Waffle House. But only in moderation.
    I refer to them as "Awful House". But I don't really mean it.
  5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

So "Females" ranks last in your list, behind "backpacks"?!! Hahaha!
  6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

let's face it -- sparky can be just too darn honest at times -- girl things in spot # 11

I was reading this thread when my wife walked into the office on this early morning
    hit that button fast Mountainman -- turn the page
    wouldn't want her to get a clue what's really going on with that motor bike

since the little Lady found my -- I Love My Motor Bike -- poem
    it's been a little rocky up here on the mountain top

yes dear I have much to do here at home today -- going to be working very hard sweetie
    she just went to work 5:38am
    now I am free just my bike and me -- I am going to ride that thing
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  7. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Waffle house is ranked higher than girls?
  8. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would've put women at the number 1 spot too.

Women are one of the reasons (maybe the only reason) that this world is worth living in.

But they are also really, REALLY, aggravating.

Maybe Sparky has his priorities a bit more in line with reality.
  9. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

I like for my THINGS to be up

yes almost like a motor bike when it breaks down -- aggravating

that's why with both those riding THINGS quality pays off in long run

don't want a quickie good for just a few rides
    I want to ride my motor bike all day long without a breakdown

I like for my THINGS to be UP and running when the time is right !!!

ride that thing
  10. augidog

augidog Banned

(1) a woman on a motoredbike :tt1:

the rest of the list wouldn't matter, i think.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  11. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Well, at least Men didn't rank in the top 10. :sweatdrop: LOL

I'm pretty sure "girl things" will rank #1 in my book until I draw my last breath.:tt1:
  12. seca40

seca40 New Member

Guns and women are a toss up for # 1 I swore off Awful House years ago.
  13. sparky

sparky Active Member

The list wasn't supposed to be in any specific order. And yes, I honestly find more use outta backpacks than most females.

Occasionally, a man runs across a woman of such high quality (as Mountainman suggested), that he would do anything for her. I had that woman, but I foolishly let her go. Dumbest decision of my life, but at least I now know that no other woman could compare. :icon_cry: If you find a woman with an intellect like yours, don't let her go... because there prolly *won't* be another.

For now, tho... I'll be living the life of a bachelor. I know what women want, and I'd rather be free from their tyranny. I almost did leave them off, but of course, ya can't live with 'em, and ya can't live without 'em.
  14. sparky

sparky Active Member

Also on the list of greatest things in the world (can't believe I'm the only one who can point 'em out), and I guess I'll have to stop numbering them as they have no signifigance...

- Grilling outside
    - Convertibles
    - Flashlights (Fenix L2D Q5)
    - Comedians, esp. George Carlin & Katt Williams

And if the list were ordered, I'd have to put Radio Paradise at number one, just because I get nothing but joy from their playlists. Amazing how great music can make you feel.
  15. sparky

sparky Active Member

Oh yea... I forgot beer!!

Of course, like almost everything else on the list... it must be used in moderation. Otherwise, you'll end up staying up late, drinking lots of water if you know what's good for you.
  16. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

A fine list.

I would put God at the top because he created women and beer. Motored bikes have helped me focus on many things on that list. Backpacks become critical when you can't find them. I would add blood oranges and real steak tacos to the list.
  17. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

:thinking2: ​
  18. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Amazing how a good woman can make you feel........ :idea:
  19. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Do you, at least, send her a card, on Mother's Day? :tt2:

20. sparky

sparky Active Member

You got me there. I used to be very spiritual, but that all faded away around the time GWB got re-elected.

Never even heard of blood oranges... can't wait to try 'em. Also, Golden Delicious & Fuji apples, tho I haven't had a Fuji in a really long time.

Believe me... I never forget your mother on Mother's Day. :smilielol5: