The Hot Rod Whizzer

Well she's all but done...
8)
166_HPIM0199_2.jpg

Next week we're off to the VMBC meet in Indiana!
Hope to meet and greet some of ya'll there...

i last saw that ride as a true basket-case...it lit my fire then, it sure fires me up now :)

rif, you have no idea (actually i bet you do) how much i'd like to make the ride with you...i will in spirit. stay safe, my friend, & post a lil something whenever you can 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Looks like I'm goin' nowhere fast.
Looks like I blew $XX00.00 and a year and a half of work out my backside.
I shoulda just bought a damn Honda Rebel...The P.O.S. won't start or run for jack... :censored: :censored: :censored:
I give up.

Thanks for all the kudos fellas, I do appreciate it. Too bad it's not running or working out like I think it should; but again thank you.
I had been considering the exposed rocker overhead valve version for my next project, but i think I'm done with this for awhile, maybe I'll just finish a few of my customized vintage bicycle projects... :(

Sucks that it won't start. My bike is having problems too, and I also considered a Honda Rebel. cheap and reliable.

Will not start???? If it's the engine I think it is it should start and run like a top.

Have you checked for spark to the plug and fuel to the carb? Don't give up, it is probably something simple. When I built mine up I also had to walk away a few times before I took a hammer to it. It really is a slick running engine ( once you get it started that is ).

The wiring and connections can be a little tricky on the Whizzer set up.

If you can, give Quention a call at Outer Banks Whizzer, He is pretty sharp and most willing to help.

Good luck and let us know if anything developes.

your not the only one to have spent over a 1000.00 and have it not run :censored:
step away from it for alittle while and go back to it, and check the simple sh#t. l feel for ya man, but this is what its all about. l hope this will ecourage you not to give up and keep pushing forward to let us know what the problem actually is.............don't give up :cool:

it's the carb, and nobody has anything that will fit or work with this 26mm oddball, cheap ass, chinese junk. I've been fighting with the thing for dang near a week now. At first we had no spark, and once that was straightened out the carb is just too big, and no jets (that will fit this carb) are available around here. We've done EVERYTHING we can to adjust this pig amnd no dice. We had it running for a moment at 3:00 A.M. on Tuesday/wednesday, but now it's back to the same ol' not running thing. None of my smaller carbs will bolt to it due to the way it bolts into the cylinder/ and clearance issues.
I just set it all back to where it was when I first got it and will start over again with trying to lean it out enough, but i don't hold out much hope at this point.
Thanks for your support. I'll call Quenton and see what he thinks, or if he can overnight a smaller carb to me...

It wouldn't be so bad , but i'm supposed to ride this b---- next tuesday to Indiana. I wanted to be a good way throught the break in at this point, so I'm feeling pressured and all...

A Honda Rebel! It would be the easy way out but then it is just a Honda Rebel. I have worked on a few of the Whizzers in my day, I have two friends that have them, I hopped them both up and they blaze. I would not blame the carb and jets never will get an engine running, it's the spark. I know it is sparking touching the head! but that will not get the job done in the compression. If it was lean you would use the choke, if it was fat you could turn off the gas till it ran good, those are the indicators. I am not convinced that the electronic ignition is a good idea, when it works it works, but there is no forgiveness, but you have to use it. Disconnect the kill switch, and you might have to figure out how to disconnect the key switch, they both ground out the coil to stop the engine, if there is the slightest bugger in the switches, well you know. I love the look of your bike, don't lose your focus, this is all about having fun. ( A Rebel ) Have fun, Dave

PS: If you go to anything else go to the (Vincent Black Shadow), YEA Google that. I worked for Honda for 10 years.

he's only bumming out right now, i'm sure he doesn't mean it. i know for fact he loves his whizzers.

rif, hang in, bro. it looks like i saw a maybe solution in another topic. try to relax and see what's up.

i started to plead with the community for help, but then i realized it wasn't necessary...something will come up :)

Back