The Iraq War

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sparky, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparky

sparky Active Member

Continued from here...

Wars will prolly not start because of religion ever again. First two world wars started for political reasons, and other countries hopped in because they wanted more resources. The third world war has already started... for political reasons. Bush knew that Iraq had nothing to do with Al Qaeda, and there were tons of people in his cabinet who came out and said that Bush wanted them to find anything that could link Iraq to terrorism. All of the stuff his cabinet members came up with are now known to be lies. Our CIA is not that dumb.

Of course... just like Bush will be labeled the guy who thinks starting pre-emptive war is a good idea. Remember the "Axis of Evil"? Why are we not attacking Iran or North Korea who were 5 to 10 times more of a threat than Iraq?? 'Cause it was an embarrassment to Bush's family that Saddam wasn't assassinated... that was priority one for him. Oil was a plus, tho... and Haliburton sure likes their no-bid contracts. If I knew there was going to be a major war... I woulda put all my money into private security companies. Well, I woulda put it into one of my best friend's accounts, who woulda put it into the private security companies. Step 3: Profit! $$$

We won't attack Iran because that's when WW3 really begins, and we can't chew that much of a bite at once.
    North Korea has fired a few missles, and we could care less.
    Sad part is that less than a month before we invaded Iraq... Saddam agreed to let weapons inspectors come in after months of saying no, no, no. That's how I knew something was wrong with the whole thing from the get go. The second you see progress with a tyrant, and shortly after a "free" country decides *that* is the best time to attack... something's definitely wrong with the picture.

Why not? Using Ron Paul's reasoning here... but we did it in Vietnam, and now we're trading with them. We don't need to tell people how to operate. Democracy CANNOT exist without compromise. If you go into someone else's country and say, "Become Democratic now or I'll blow your brains out!" You'd be thinking that Democracy is pretty crappy. Democracy must begin with the people inside the country, just like our forefathers showed us long ago. If the people aren't willing to fight, and we throw in a leader for them... what's to prevent another general of their military to take control of these weak-minded people & overthrow the leader we think is best??? Democracy is best led thru example, like everything else.

Could be... but the point is that the people themselves will never take responsibility into their own hands unless they have to. Nothing America does anymore is responsible anyway. Wasting oil, starting pre-emptive wars based on lies, ignoring its own citizens in New Orleans, not punishing the parents who choose to buy things that aren't as important as health care for their children, etc. We definitely do not need to be helping others when we can't help ourselves. If somebody in the next stall asked me for some toilet paper... I'm gonna wipe my own *** first.
    Last edited: May 30, 2008

2. sparky

sparky Active Member

Oh yea, I forgot about one of the other main political reasons that we went to war with Iraq. They started asking for EURO or YEN, and *not* the great & almighty USD.

Iran has just asked for the same currencies instead of our failing dollar.

I'm about to buy this DAC/amp from a Chinese company called Ibasso, & they're asking for the price in EURO.

What a shame it is to be an American these days.
  3. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Good show sparky... If you haven't read news articles on I think you'd quite enjoy them.
  4. Jim H

Jim H Guest

Daggone Sparky! My sentiments exactly! I am no longer alone in my perceived paranoia!!! Our dollar is going the way of the yen. Shoot, the British pound is worth almost double I think...
  5. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

To be somewhat paranoid is healthy. Nobody in their right mind would blindly follow our government like lemmings off a cliff. Even the Canadian dollar is worth more than ours right now, but who cares, lets just keep printing money out of thin air to bail out those wonderfully honest and caring bankers.
  6. The American dollar used to be worth 55 dollars in the Philippines.

Today it's down to about 40 bucks.

We didn't go to Iran to save the souls there.

That's a perception.

Just like the perception the Bush/McCain group is throwing at us that we are fighting the war there so they don't come here.

That is the biggest... pile... I have ever heard of.

So we pull out today and then they will come here because they have no one to play with???

Sheep. Sorry,but this is Sheep. They are tending the sheep and were supposed to believe.

I don't like our candidates. I really really liked Ron Paul and surprisingly he hasn't pulled out.

Who here being Republican voted McCain in the primaries?

I haven't met one yet.

It was Huckabee or Romeny.

And yet there he is.

What a nice couple.

They would look so nice sitting in the White House.

Not those other people,though.

They would have kids in turbans running around playing loud music while the first lady is downing a 40.

And I hear they are Muslim.

... the Anarchy is near.
  7. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Sweet large, I voted for Paul in the primaries here. That dude speaks the truth and from his congressional voting record you can tell he believes in freedom and the Constitution.
  8. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

A verse from a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    "The Arsenal at Springfield"

Where half the power,that fills the world with terror,
    Were half the wealth,bestowed on camps and courts,
    Given to redeem the human mind of error,
    There were no need of arenals or forts:

The moral is, how long before the errors of the today's thinking subside and admit to the obvious and yet known errors ? Then corrected.
    Just like a glitch in a piece of computer code, it's the same thing with the human brain, ain't it ?
    If there is a glitch in a piece of computer code, it gets "redeemed" or removed and corrected, and on with the show...., Yet with humans, it just does not seem that simple cos the focus is on a profit graph, add defects of the current thinking on a global scale, and things I would like to say, but not here, but lets say, "seen on TV", for now, and all the rest of the mind controling devices, it's obvious the majority DO realize there are errors everywhere, we don't have a glitch,
    we got the equivalent of "trojan viruses" !

Or, "it's all in the mind", to keep it simple.
  9. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

It would be irresponsible to leave Iraq? Please let us revisit, and actually think about the Pottery Barn analogy. The concept was "You break it, you own it." True, as far as it goes. Now, instead of admitting your mistake, and paying for the damage you caused, try moving into the Pottery Barn and making the owner sleep on the floor for 5 years while you try to glue the damaged item back together.
  10. sparky

sparky Active Member

I think most of that started with that video by Alex Jones (I think that's who did it... can't find it now that Google Videos won't show it anymore. . . conspiracy??).

Honestly, tho... I'd rather not think about it as it's too unbelievable. I'm definitely open-minded, but I'd rather not think that people were that cruel even if it were true.
  11. sparky

sparky Active Member

Agreed. Ron Paul was the best thing to happen to this country in decades. He really did start a revolution, and that's all that matters... planting the seed.

The establishment doesn't want us to rock the boat with extremists like Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, or Mike Gravel. I find that the "Centrists", all candidates who received real coverage from the MSM, only differ from each other on a couple matters. Our wants & needs change... but it's gonna take a lot more than two or three changes in policy. We really do need a revolution.

Huckabee wasn't bad... but he sure wasn't great.

The candidates in order of my preference:

(1) Ron Paul
    (2) Dennis Kucinich
    (3) Mike Gravel
    (4) Bill Richardson
    (5) Barack Obama
    (6) Fred Thompson
    (7) Mike Huckabee
    (8) Hillary Clinton
  12. sparky

sparky Active Member

I've never really given much thought to that analogy, but you're right.
  13. So who am I voting for come November?

I'll tell you who I'm NOT voting for.

I'll vote for MICKEY MOUSE before I'll vote for another Bush term.
  14. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Large, Large, Large. There can't be another Bush term. 2 is the max. :grin:
  15. cough. :grin:

Attached Files:

16. eljefino

eljefino Member

17. KiDD

KiDD Member

I want Ron Paul to be president. He can bring the change we need.
  18. sjackson

sjackson Member

That was a failed analogy when it was first used, and it still fails here. I hate the Iraq war probably more than the next guy... believe me. But if anybody thinks we're going to be air lifting people out of Baghdad off the embassy roof by helicopter and writing off the country as a whole, they're mistaken. Vietnam was being invaded by an army who was prepared to take it over. Iraq is a power vacuum with a decimated infrastructure and no clear direction. It is not vietnam, and it certainly isn't pottery barn.

Whether or not you agree with bush's unilateral actions (and it's pretty safe to say none of us do) is a moot point. It happened. I marched on the streets in protest of the illegal war myself. But now, five years later, the prospect of leaving the country with no security at all is almost as frightening to me as starting that war was. I'm not afraid that it will become a terrorist haven (although in all likelihood it would.) I'm afraid that it will make no progress whatsoever due to having no responsible leadership. If nobody is there to protect those bold enough to stand up and guide the country, nobody will take those roles.

Somebody needs to build roads. Somebody needs to repair the sewers, water treatment, power plants, and all the other invisible things that make modern living possible. The more security we can offer the Iraqi's during this transition, the stronger their country will be when it is appropriate for us to leave. You can't just invade a country, destroy it, tell them to get their act together and then threaten to leave when they can't do it. That's ridiculous.

And for the record, we've hung around plenty of places after our war machine was done with them. Germany and Japan for instance... and look at them now. Both were much better off 40 years after the war than Vietnam was.
  19. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Ok guys and gals. As it is well known, this MBC Board will not delve into any political discussions. They can and do come back to haunt us. So, let us let this thread die a slow death, or it will have to be given the axe.

20. sjackson

sjackson Member

agreed. sorry for getting in to it...