the newest fat bike

i scarpped the mtn bike and added thig guy to the fleet.
i had to offset engine. ended up welding frame and engine in place. was a pain but its rock solid.
just have to finish up the sprocket today and test drive.
13600072_10209130831922432_5930207444967039952_n.jpg
13709871_10209130831962433_3986379010862400179_n.jpg

barely enough room for chain. but squeaked by. everything running now. i may have to adjust the rear sprocket a notch. easy enough. just have to un loosen and shift.
have to make some brake calipers...chop up from another bike weld to frame v brakes good to go.
it was a ton of work but got it done.
tires are for all terrain all year round 60% time we have snow anyways. though it weighs a ton.

I'ts gona be hard to get that rear wheel up to speed without a jack shaft to gears. There is one up here with j shaft to derailleur that seems to work well, but it is brand new so I don't think the derailleur is going to hold up. Internal geared hub or nuvinci hub may be cool. Love the fat tire idea, and will look forward as to how this build turns out.

Last edited:
Seen it going 25 to 30 down the road about a week ago. I'm guessing at the speed. Don't know what gear he was in, and it was down hill. I will ask him about top speed next time I see him. This post is about a fat tire bike someone here in prescott has built with a j shaft to derailluered 7 speed hub. Not Ytyukon's build. I had someone want me to build one with a direct drive and I declined. He went ahead and built it welding offset engine mounts. with there being no room for a larger gear the bike would barely move trying to get the massive rear wheel to rotate.

Last edited:
Back