the next generation...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gone_fishin, Jun 25, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

we all talk about our encounters with the interested public, let me tell you about this particular one...

last week, the peninsula held it's community garage-sale, it's apparently a big tourist event, the place was packed.

i'm checking out a neighbor's wares (i think they all just buy each other's stuff & sell it to each other next year) and the bike's parked in the gravel by the road. i look over to see a boy about 10 years old frozen in his tracks & just going ga-ga over sabrina, mom's riding herd and seeing dollar-signs, dad's staying out of it.

so, i saunter over and introduce myself, to mom & dad. i have an MBc sticker in my hand and i'm telling them "we don't sell anything, we're a community of owners of these bicycles. your boy can come in & see about 350 different motoredbikes. i'm the administrator and i promise it's safe for him to browse."

2. Chopper

Chopper Guest

I rode mine last saturday to the petrol station and mower shop, and could have sold it three times over! :D
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

heck yeah, if i had capitol i'd be in business here, but "the next generation..." is my point, i wanna hook 'em when
    the mad-dream is fresh, and i was commenting on how cool this community must seem to a little boy :)

also, it feels pretty good knowing the kid is safe if mom & pop let him browse MBc 8)
  4. Chopper

Chopper Guest

Well, yeah... there is that!

I've got 3 boys, 6, 4 and 2.... who do they think is the coolest dad in our street ;)
  5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

8) :D

that's what i'm talkin' about...i don't have any kids, but if i did i'd be the coolest (or craziest) dad on my street, too.

thanks, chopper...if ya seen my other posts today, you'll understand why i was reaching for something positive :)
  6. Wow -really heartwarming stuff we are so lucky to have an admin who is as nice and caring as AUgi - If I ever meet ya I owe you a beer man!
  7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

diggin' this one up to mention the pickup truck full of kids buggin' dad to "get the website! dad, get the website!"
    that happened last weekend at the local hardware/grocers...

hehe...this is way too much fun to be semi-sorta-maybe-legal-or-not 8)