The @&*#%^ Thread (aka the Gripe Thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KilroyCD, Jan 11, 2010.

1. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

This thread is to allow you to blow off steam. Whether you want to gripe about a neighbor, your job, idiots in general, spouse / relative or anything other than politics or religion, this is the thread in which to do it. Just as long as it's off-topic relating to motorized bikes. Another forum I'm on had a thread like this, and it was entertaining to say the least.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I'll start it off...

I have a neighbor who lives across the street from me, let's call him "Cliff". Cliff has an older Ford F-250 Powerstroke Diesel truck that is the noisiest thing running that still has a muffler. In fact, everything about Cliff is noisy. The guy thrashes things around in his garage to make the most noise possible, I swear he throws tools into his toolbox from 20 feet away (at least it sounds that way), he has a Harley with very loud pipes and his truck can wake the dead. He's not content to slowly and as quietly as possible ease his truck (or Harley) out of the neighborhood, but every time he fires it up he takes off like he's a NASCAR driver.
    Lately he has started parking his truck on the street in front of my house. Last week, I put my garbage out at the end of my driveway and I awoke the next morning to find Cliff's truck parked in front of my house, with the tail of his truck blocking the corner of my driveway where my trash can sat. Needless to say, the garbage collectors didn't see my trash can and my garbage wasn't picked up. The next time this happens, Cliff is going to find my garbage in the bed of his %^$@ truck!

3. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Hmm, Cliff must get around....he lives three houses down from me. :annoyed:

4. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I have a feeling me and my motored-bikes are the neighborhood gripe where I live...

5. will_start

will_start Member

i wanna follow this one, will be fun. there's enough gurmpy ol dudes here to fill a ...

6. EnFlaMEd

EnFlaMEd Member

Work didn't let me know that I had tomorrow off till after 9pm tonight. I could have been out plowing through some Coopers 62 *******it!

7. Elmo

Elmo Member

I hate trolls. They need to go back under whatever bridge that they crawled out from under. Always nitpicking and trying to start a fuss.
    Elmo

8. kerf

kerf Guest

What did I ever do to you???????????

9. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Ya! Kerf needs love too.

Fasteddy.

10. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Kerf is a troll????:eek: What gives you that idea???::jester:

11. Elmo

Elmo Member

Kerf I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.:rolleyes7:
    Elmo

12. Elmo

Elmo Member

Man we are getting to be a bunch of old farts. me 63, kerf 59,fasteddy 66, idennyak 60
    Elmo

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  13. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Don't think you did.....meant as a joke. Now the olefart comment on the other hand....................:jester:

14. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Dagnabit! That moron "Cliff" did it again! Only this time it wasn't trash night. He parked his %$#& behemoth of a truck so the tail of it was blocking about 1/4 of the end of my driveway! It not only made it a challenge to back out but also to see traffic coming from that direction!

15. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

why dont you just pull a grumpy old men and throw a dead fish under his seat???

16. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

heh heh, gave him $20 to get him out of my hair. :devilish:

17. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I'm about ready to pour some Tink's #69 Doe in Heat Buck Lure (man, that stuff really stinks) into his fresh air vent. But knowing him, he'd probably like it.

18. Elmo

Elmo Member

Guess my humor is a little too dry.
    Elmo

19. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Good luck continues to elude me...

I just got another dog on January 3. It's another Springer Spaniel, a female that isn't spayed yet. On January 7, she went into heat. My male Springer, Cocoa, went bananas. He's not neutered (yet). I had my hands full keeping them apart. I bought a diaper garment for her which I call the "chastity belt", but I don't yet know if it did its job. I was taking him to doggie day care to keep them apart during the day. That is, until I got that call the other day, "Chris, Cocoa isn't doing so good..." I could hear him howling in the background. I had to ultimately take him to the vet for tranquilizers because he was out of his mind. between the vet bill and doggie day care, I don't know how much this escapade has cost me yet.

Then, last Saturday on the way home from work, the head gasket blew on my car. To add insult to injury, I had just put a full tank of gas in it a few miles before the gasket blew. This is the third time that head gasket blew, the last time about 12,000 miles ago. The garage that rebuilt my engine the last time went out of business a week after completing the job, so I have no recourse. The repairs to the engine would cost more than twice what the car is worth. So now it looks like I'm in the market for a used car (and a well used one at that), as there's no way I can spring for a new one right now.
    As they say, "if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all..."

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  20. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Schleprock

Well at least you now have about 20 gallons of gas stored to fuel your MB. :jester: