The Whizzer "Ambassador" is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting... As a unit to be used with Albion on an actual (vintage) small motorcycle frame, very interesting indeed...
:devilish: heheheh.

Small MC frame

With that centrifical clutch, I can't believe that it is for real. I bought one recently & I must report that after several attemts to "Grind off the GLAZED portions" These auto clutches that Whizzer USA sells are the worst two hundred and twenty FIVE PLUS shipping that I have ever been been robbed FOR..... THANKS !!!!. for the memories.

You want the TRUTH... HEAR THIS. An auto-centrifical-clutch shouldn't slip after it engages. PERIOD> ... Even the cheap go cart parts DO NOT do THIS. I'm not a begginnrerrr... But I now definately do not trust this expensive & Chinese made copy of an American ICON.

Oh by the way Bcruisin - I am a Yuppie. ...& I won't be buying one of these.....................!!

Thanks Q.

It is good to know that Whizzer USA will stand behind their products. If they built a bike like this one with an auto clutch that really worked, & a motor as good as Quentons, & a multi-speed drivetrain as good as mine, (By the way pedals would be very achievable on that bike) Then we would HAVE SOMETHING..... Or should I say somebody would have something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick note to let everyone know I have put a few miles on my new Ambassador. I really like the new seat the best, because it is wide, semi-soft, and low. I can tell the seat is going to be one of my favorite features of the bike. It is also long, and low, and the electric start is something I could easily get used to. The head light is really big and does a great job of illuminating the road. Some of the new accessories are really up-scale, and although some were released for sale such as the new trun signals, and the really neat heavy duty mirrors, but I hadn't had a change to try them yet. My comments on the accessories, are all good! Not sure I like the strips hanging from the grips, but if I don't grow to like them I will simply cut them off.
Have fun,
Quenton

Update, More miles on the chopper, whoops I mean Ambassador, guess I got confused because several asked, "Where did you get that great looking chopper?” The motor is really getting stronger, and the clutch is "super". The heater is less than stellar because at 55 degrees it wasn't able to keep me warm [ha ha], and I was hoping my legs located near the motor would help, but not to be. The good news is, I went really slow [wise during break-in], and even stopped to fill the gas tank, mainly so I could go inside to warm up while paying my 85 cents for fuel. I am still un-decided about the streamers hanging from the controls, but did learn today they can be removed by un-screwing them. Did I mention I like the power? I was asked today if I had made my usual changes to the motor, and in fact I don't plan on any changes for a while because I want to test it completely stock. In the past the bikes were so restricted [moped rules] that I couldn't wait to bring it up to speed, however the new Ambassador is a joy to ride just the way it is. Of course I have a lot of special parts already made to fit the Ambassadors motor sitting on the shelves, including heads, camshafts, exhaust systems, & a few of my modified cylinders, but will install them later.
Have fun,
Quenton

YES,Very nice indeed, but what about the peddle thing ?

Dont get me wrong, this new Whizzer looks fine but (and I am very new at this) but without peddles will Jhonny Law look at it as a motorcycle type??, also is this sort of Whizzer a bit of a departure from the Golden age of Whizzers? Are they sort of trying to be modern and keep up 'with the Joneses" so to speak?,, nothing wrong with that I suppose as long as the integrity of the name remains intact---best regards,, Rhett

Hi Rhett,
No, it isn't a departure from the "Golden age of Whizzer", in fact the 1951 Whizzer Ambassador model had foot pegs [as did the Sportsman model], a kick starter [NO PEDALS], large rear brake, built in alternator,lights, and was black in color. Just exchange the kick starter for the electric starter and the models are very similar. It is the laws that have changed not the Ambassador model, in fact the 1951 Whizzer Ambassador was considered a motorbike in almost every state in the USA during production, but by todays rules it would be in fact be considered a lightweight motorcycle. No matter how the bike is classed it is still in a league of its own, and is more fun to ride than I can put into words. I never suggest breaking the law, and this bike should be registered as a motocycle in most states, and doubt this bike [if properly tagged]will direct much attention to the motor bike owners who "flex the rules". To me this is the safest motobike/motorcycle ever offered by Whizzer because of the disc brakes, larger tires, stronger frame, and the extra power to get out of the way of the careless motorist.
Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks
Quenton

No offense to Q.

Quenton is the most reputable Whizz dealer that I have ever delt with. He also mods a Great motor. (I have two of them) I just tell it like I see it. Sounds like they have got the BUGS out of the auto clutch. I can't wait to get my new one....Then I promise to show you guys a CA legal Moped. At least it was when I registered it.....before it was Flexed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back