The Worksman Wheels are mounted.

I installed the sheave on my new Worksman Coaster Brake Wheel yesterday...easy as pie!

HAL
Kilroy will be glad to hear that. He has the same wheel to install on his Whizzer.

Jim

PS On another note I was not too impressed at first with the Worksman drum brakes. Now that they are broken in they are much better than the stock Whizzer drum brakes. With the stock brakes I could not stop on the slope of my driveway. It is just too steep for those brakes. Now I can launch myself over the handlebars if I am not careful. They work that much better but they do have to break in first.

Last edited:
HEY JIM:

I'm glad you posted that!

I was just about to ask about the stopping efficiency of the Worksman Drum Brake on the #77A wheel.

Thanks...
HAL

Hi guys, I would like to put a wider rear wheel on my 24" 2007 NE5 to match the stock 2.125 wide tire. The bike has the 90mm auto clutch, which I will retain, and the band brake on the rear. It would be nice to up grade to a drum brake on the rear but not absolutely necessary (cost). Could you guys tell me what parts I would need and where to get them. This is not something I can do right away, honey dos, but I want to in the future.

Thanks,

Randy

HEY JIM:

I'm glad you posted that!

I was just about to ask about the stopping efficiency of the Worksman Drum Brake on the #77A wheel.

Thanks...
HAL

Hal, just a note about the brakes. The Shimano CB-E110 you have on your Worksman has very good stopping power. Today I just fitted a rear wheel equipped with that same brake to another motorbike I recently built, and almost went over the handlebars the first time I used it.

Good to know...good to know!

Do you have both Worksman wheels on your ride yet?

Hal

Last edited:
Hi guys, I would like to put a wider rear wheel on my 24" 2007 NE5 to match the stock 2.125 wide tire. The bike has the 90mm auto clutch, which I will retain, and the band brake on the rear. It would be nice to up grade to a drum brake on the rear but not absolutely necessary (cost). Could you guys tell me what parts I would need and where to get them. This is not something I can do right away, honey dos, but I want to in the future.

Thanks,

Randy

Ren, if you decide to have a wheel built up using a coaster brake (I'm asssuming your band brake is just that) I would suggest using the Shimano CB-E110 which I now have on one bike, and will be mounting (with my 24" Worksman wheels) on my Whizzer when time allows. It is quite reasonably priced. My local bike shop got me the complete 26x2.125" wheel (laced with standard gauge spokes, not the heavier ones) with the Shimano brake for $30. Prices will vary I'm sure, depending on where you shop.

How much better

PS On another note I was not too impressed at first with the Worksman drum brakes. Now that they are broken in they are much better than the stock Whizzer drum brakes. With the stock brakes I could not stop on the slope of my driveway. It is just too steep for those brakes. Now I can launch myself over the handlebars if I am not careful. They work that much better but they do have to break in first.[/QUOTE]

It sure looks attractive to swap my front wheel with one of these. How much better is it than the Whizzer brake? My stock Whizzer front brake isn't that bad, just would hate to rely soley on it if the rear failed. So is it 40% better??? After break in?? Give it a ballpark % amount better. Sure sounds better than me welding another disk caliper mount eyelet to my springer front end. That's why I have been resistant to the disk change.

Hi Ren,

I have a few of the replacement band assemblies in stock if needed. I have both the riveted and glued version. The easiest conversion is to replace the band brake assembly with the drum brake kit, however removing the current hub [part that band wraps around] can be difficult. The Whizzer replacement brake isn't as good as the Worksman drum brake wheel, but won't require buying or making special brackets for the sheave.

wider rear wheel

Thanks for the info. My rear band brake isn't a coaster brake, It has the brake leaver on the handle bars and the band assembly is still in good shape. I'm mainly interested in the wider wheel.

Thanks,

Randy

Here's a comparison between the stock 26" Whizzer rim and the Worksman:

Hal

Attachments

• IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 830
Back