The Worst Kickstand in America

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Rockjaw, May 3, 2014.

1. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

I bought this Sunlite kickstand for my motorized bike...the first day i put it on it worked great..i was like wow.

It only worked for 1 bike has fallen down 20 times because of this thing. It STINKS ON ICE!!

anyone else have it? maybe the spring needs to be upgraded? why would it work for 1 day and then never work again?

Attached Files:

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

3. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

awww man that annoys me to see that wide one..but ill have to order it thanks!
  4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I had a kickstand similar to Rockjaw's on my China girl bike and it worked well. Maybe he just got a lemon.
  5. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

i wonder if its the spring
  6. sactownie

sactownie Member

I have the same one, it works ok as long as you don't try to start the motor with it on the stand. I had to bend one leg back after I did that a few times. doublecenterstand.jpg
  7. powerstroke

powerstroke Member

Are you sure its the kickstand that stinks on ice? Or is it your full pants when you soil yourself after almost slipping over?
  8. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

mine worked like that for 1 it has the strength of 2 twigs
  9. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I had one. Or it looked just like it, anyway.

My problem was that it was just a bit too short. The feet were just a hair above ground level, allowing the bike to tip.

I was really annoyed with the maker over that. They should have made it a bit longer. It wouldn't have taken much at all to be useful on any 26 in bike.