there is NO SUCH THING as an 80CC Happy-Time!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by augidog, Jun 11, 2008.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

i know it, you know it, they know it...

why, oh why, would you give yer business to someone who misrepresents a product so blatantly? how come noone ever posts a challenge to a vendor's claims of having 80's? truth is that they're (usually) smaller than the 70's, and pretty crappy versions to boot.

SH*T! this still gets my goat more than most anything else about the HT market. why this group doesn't flex it's muscles and resolve this once & for all is beyond me.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2008

2. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

my thoughts exactly! come on moddys!!
  3. spunout

spunout Member

I'm always up for this kind of verbal spanking.
    lemme at 'im. i'll tear him limb from limb! why i oughtta....!

wish i could find an example, but i'm not seeing any.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008

RATRODER Guest

Did you know that the so called (80)cc HT has an effective stroke of about 28mm, and this makes it's effective displacment about 49cc! louis
  5. augidog

augidog Banned

check the vendor area once in a while for new arrivals who think we wuz born yesterday...if i wasn't becoming professionally affiliated with a vendor, i'd be posting those challenges myself.

RATRODER Guest

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

anyone who says thet sell an 80 is not worthy of a penny from me
    I would rather give my $ to honest people
  8. BSA

BSA Guest

I don't get why the companies don't sell a decent 50cc engine. A good Japanese 50cc would kick the 80cc happy times but any day.

9. augidog

augidog Banned

in one example the suspect has edited to appear honest.

there are more, too. some in vendor some in intro.
  10. loquin

loquin Active Member

another one is the 'Honda' motor. The one that is said to be designed by Honda. I've never seen any proof of that. I questioned an ebay seller, where the listing title said it it was a Honda motor, but further down, it said that it was designed by Honda. He was honest in the reply. But, that sales tactic is just deceptive enough to fight someone who would want their money back if they thought they were getting an actual Honda motor.

I think that whenever any of us see a reference to 80cc on EBay, we should ask the seller about the stroke and bore. Whenever we see a reference to a Honda motor (and it's clearly a knock-off) ask if the motor is really built by Honda.
  11. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

The problem may stem from the chinese manufacturer, they sell 80's and if the importer doesnt know any different then they may quote them.

But all the 80's that come out of china are 66cc.

At least Zbox tell you that the ones they sell marked as 80's are really 66cc.

Just an uneducated thought :)
  12. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

that be true augi they are really 67cc thats what they always are maby the crhis hill model is a 70cc+ if that but yeah its a fake when it says 80cc
  13. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Well, you may note, in the referenced thread, bluecollar did not answer the question I asked, he avoided it. I won't be buying from him.
  14. augidog

augidog Banned

the CH80 is merely the stronger 69cc, like the dax70...chris honestly says so on his site. heck, even don grube has started to list clear displacement info on his main site. for the longest time, the 64 was being sold as an still is all over ebay, and on some well-known supplier's sites. some leading vendors still choose to call the "H" model an 80cc...that tells me that they are happy to play along with the deception that the chinese market set them up to profit off of...what does that tell you? as a veteran, i use the word "traitor." "crook" is another good one.

the only way for the consumer to control the vendor's behaviors is to STOP rewarding anything less than honest aboveboard presentation.
  15. spunout

spunout Member

i agree. at FIRST (until they know better), when a new 'vendor' or 'dealer' or whatever shows up here, they're gonna throw out "80cc". cuz perhaps they really think thats the displacement.

a quick look around here should tell them otherwise.
  16. augidog

augidog Banned

but what about after you know? i see folks here all time who haven't a clue, then they get a clue, then they click "buy it now" anyway. buying from transparent liars isn't gonna help this market move forward, who's gonna improve on an inferior product when it sells like it's top of the line anyway?

people buy stuff from folks they know have lied...omg, no wonder this economy is sinking so fast...i hope these same people realize what they sound like when they rant about how bad things are, because they're digging the hole as fast as everyone else.

time to kill the happy time, all it takes is an "EPA/CARB" clause added to the federal text to get the sharks circling. besides, if 5-0 had displacement specs to go by, and they were backed by compliance statutes, probable cause would sweep some cities clean in a flash as engines were torn down and measured. i know of some places where johnny law would love that opportunity.

no signature in this post, because i'm only expressing my strong personal views on the matter...wait, here's a temp sig for this post...

"don't tread on me."
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  17. augidog

augidog Banned

ok ok i'm calm ;)
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  18. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

Yesterday Country Wide was bought by BofA and they are shutting down 200,000 American jobs to outsource. Pink slips are out to some already. I just bought a made in China Schwinn from Target for $170.00 which is half as much as what I would expect to pay for similar bike at a shop, but much of it would still be made in China. I am often all too willing to save some money even if it puts Americans out of work. We really did not worry too much that Schwinn had to go overseas to build some bikes and now none are made in America 30 years later. No we need to rethink how we do business and where we spend our money.

Our people like to help other countries but are really not appreciated for the effort. Actually when we have to borrow from China, India, and rich oil countries how can we morally give aid to countries with that borrowed money. We need to get back to some simple economic and moral principles based on history and reality and not fantasy.

Why did I buy the cheap bike? I needed a present and could not find what I wanted and could still afford. I just went with what I found and got it.
  19. augidog

augidog Banned

i am going to help facilitate the production of a made in the usa motoredbike, with as much american material and labor as we can find. when we have to import components, we'll make 'em sing for their supper.

just you watch...americans will gladly pay for (old school) american quality.

"let the solution BE the revolution."
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  20. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

I generally will hold out for a quality used bike rather than go new ind such a low level import. I am with you on people getting wise to buying American and quality as much as possible.