Official TheScooterGuy Reviews (No longer in operation)

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Feb 6, 2009.

?

Please rate your experience with TheScooterGuy: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

100.0%
  2. 4 - Above Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 - Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

2. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

Yipee, i get to be first !!

i contacted Jerry by PM and phone to talk about the details of his mount and trany, he had all the answers i needed and plenty of time to talk to me about my plans and needs.

he even asked what engine i was using so he could double check to see that the clutch mount would be correct.

Jerry's mount plate is a real nice piece of professional machining, the trany's are Mitsubishi, common in the scooter and pocket bike realms and have a good reputation for longevity.

you can't beat the price and Jerry's fast on shipping once he has the order and money.

i'm very happy.

steve

edit: follow-up
    because i was in too much of a hurry to test some tweaks i'd done i lost my 11T 6 spline tranny shaft cog while out on the road.

sent Jerry an email asking for a paypal payment request for replacements.

got it overnight ( he works nights ) paid it and he sent them out of Portland OR. on Fri., i recieved them in todays (Mon.) mail.

when you have a problem you NEED a guy like Jerry on your side.

thanks Jerry, you're one of the best we have.

steve

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
  3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Half Gallon Fuel Tank.

Ordered & received a tank very promptly & under budget;also perfect condition from the opposite side of the world.
    Trustworthy fellow & that's about the best i can say for anyone.
    p1010140.JPG

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

no I didn't buy anything from Jerry
    but
    Jerry found out that I had lost all of my tools in the Calif Cedar Wildfire
    I didn't ask him but Jerry offered
    he sent me a box of tools !!!
    this was something that touched not only me but my wife also
    a (((very nice thing done))) (((from that ScooterGuy))) up north
    I haven't talked with him in a while now
    but
    have watched carefully the growth of his company
    the way in which he treats his customers
    as mentioned already above -- should be repeated
    Jerry gives one that special time answering any and all questions

one good guy making a solid product

ones such as ScooterGuy are appreciated very much by the Mountainman

5. strotter

strotter Member

Titan Scooterguy build

I was looking to build a new THING.

Bought me a new beach cruiser (7 speed, hand brakes) and emailed scooterguy with pics of bike and asked him what he recommend. He said Titan motor and then proceeded to test his kit on a similar frame he had to make sure it would fit. I asked him to put together everything I needed (mount, throttle etc) and send me a paypal invoice. After a few emails and all his and my questions answered, he sent invoice, I paid and he sent out next day.

The system is awesome!! Very straight forward and simple! Having the motor stick out the left takes a little getting used to. It works great, it just looks kind of odd (in my opinion). I can see how his system would work with just about any motor with the standard size centrifical clutch. I think it is called 76 or 78 cm.

Jerry was wonderful to deal with!! Definitely recommend him and will use him again. My 12 and 14 sons will be needing kits for their bikes in the upcoming future. I will be a return customer!

6. pdxrhett

pdxrhett Member

I have been talking to Jerry for quite some time. I bought one of his bikes from another person, yet he still holds true to his "warranty". I brought my bike to him yesterday, he lined up my chain, and made the bike the sturdiest it has ever been.

I don't think I will ever go with a different style after meeting and seeing the right way of how his kit is set up.

Probably one of the nicest guys I've met too - broke like 3? drill bits just to help me.

Thanks Jerry

Dang it - I forgot. He also PMed me today to check if everything is going ok, and since I broke my head gasket prior to bringing the motor to him he said he would sell me a ported head with everything for a very low price. Just goes to show he still cares AFTER taking care of my problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
  7. pdxrhett

pdxrhett Member

Hello again from PDX!

Jerry came by my house today (he lives ~1/2 hour away). He replaced the head on my motor, along with the piston. Now that I see how it is done (he showed me exactly how to do it), I think I might have to take a chance if it breaks down again.

Thank you Jerry. You're awesome.

8. Will Snow

Will Snow Member

Long range recumbent .

I have just completed a recumbent bicycle using Jerry's mounting system and it turned out great.

This fellow is very good to deal with and turns out good quality products. Jerry knew the right gearing, came up with ideas and suggestions that really worked well and seems to go out of his way to be helpful.

I am so pleased with this last project that I plan to start another one and the Scooter Guy is who I'll turn to.

There are pictures in general discussion titled: long range, reliable and comfortable. I will be posting a picture of the finished bike in the picture gallery.

Bill Snow