These bikes don't really work/ it's a hoax

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by machiasmort, Mar 28, 2009.

1. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Trick photography and thousands of fake members...

Anybody can make somthing that looks like a motor, out of a shoebox and make it look real by zip tying it to a bike!

I got so irritated when I got my kit from Boy go Fast, I was really starting to wonder!!! Thanks for the help Guy's! 600 miles in Buffalo and still runnin strong!

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

and this means............?????

3. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I think it's a fancy way of saying "YEEEEE HAAAAAAW !!!"

4. spad4me

spad4me Member

I ride my happy time about two hours every day since about 11/ 10 /2007.
    Go for bread at wally world no problem.
    Go for a package of my favorite beverage no problem.
    The only problem lately has been running out of gas LOL.
    I finally worked most of the bugs out of it.
    As I need to go it goes.
    As for zip ties I use less than 52

Now I want bigger.
    A shadow bike as someone called it, is on the way.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

There are a lot of things that Marty writes that don't make sense, but we still like him anyway. :)

(BTW- I am not real, just a clever script running on the web server - who told him?)

6. seanhan

seanhan Member

Yea it's one of those Internet Hoax's
    You can find out more about the M/B Hoax .. @ the smoking gun.com/2stroke

7. spunout

spunout Member

who told you you were 'clever'? hahahaha :smilielol5: j/k

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

aww man...I invited a bot to ride my bike :whistling::rolleyes7::whistling:

9. ENO

ENO Member

Dummied Up

Hey Machiasmort "These bikes dont work / its a hoax"..You know patience can cause a lot of imagination in visualising the dream you are waiting to come true. While my 13 year old waited for our Stingray to be built over a period of a couple of months and for me to become more mechanically savvy, and for friends of mine to do this and that to help, his imagination took over..He scoured the local Muffler Mans trash bins and turned up with bits and pieces he thought looked good and soothed his patience while waiting for the build to be complete..He would add this, add that and get me to photograph it so he could lay in bed and look at it and dream...I posted some of the pics..mechanically impossible, but a good fantasy for him and it helped the time pass..thankfully its now done and has become real.
    ENO from Down Under..Dream on

Attached Files:

10. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Awwwww dude, I thought we were friends?

In any case, the actual script is clever - the output of the script is up to interpretation. Needless to say, this script interprets itself as being clever. I crack me up. :dunce:

Ahem - this bot will not only ride your bike, but it will copy your drive system and send it to 10 of your best friends! (a little viral humor - Ha! I crack me up - again.... :goofy: )

11. azbill

azbill Active Member

:):):)
    you are crackin me up too
    a little levity is always good for Bill !!!

12. machiasmort

I really was starting to think the HT was a hoax, aimed at getting a bunch of people to waste thier time trying. There was no actual video (at the time) of one running. The best of my mechanical knowledge told me it was possible but I had a real hard time with the kit.

All the effort paid off, and I just know there is somebody else out there who might be ready to scrap thier project. This board was a major inspiration to keep at it.

That'll show ya, AG, before you give the next guy help, make sure you know his views on things first!!! Maybe a pre -help questionaire... Might save you grief in the long run! By the way, that slave cylinder on my Cavalier is still holding, Thanks!

13. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Ouch Marty, you've cut me to the quick. I thought you have figured out that even if I do not agree with someones political or social views, I will still help them when I can because this is what people do for others. If Nancy Pelosi (the evil witch) were to post here asking for help with her bicycle engine (or broom propulsion system), I would surely lend a hand if I could.

I'm glad that you like your Chinese bicycle engine (built without union labor), and did not let the negative press convince you that they were a hoax. As many have found, anyone with basic mechanical skills can bolt one of these things on a standard diamond frame bike in a few hours and cruise for thousands of miles for pennies per mile. Necessity is the mother of invention, and hard times necessitated the need for the "Happy Time" engine. First, in post war Russia - then later copied in communist China. It will be a sad day when these kits are used here in the USA because we have to, not because we want to. (But the eco-weenies and libs will probably outlaw them, even if nobody can afford to drive a car anymore)

Happy Trails!

14. machiasmort

If Nancy Pelosi (the evil witch) were to post here asking for help with her bicycle engine (or broom propulsion system)

LOL, If she had a magic broom, D.C. would be a much happier place hahaha!
    Only till she was forced to share it with Chuck U Shummer!

I'm crackin up here

I admit tho AG, even those kits, I enjoy so much, support thier efforts.

15. ENO

ENO Member

My son has been at it again with his scrounged muffler bits..maybe if I run the exhaust through this it might just sound OK..He intends to ride it like this but lucky the muffler will be kerbside and not viewable from the window of the local Highway Patrol guys. ENO from (way) Down Under....Oh Oh..Hes out there tinkering around again as I write..Found a large "Cannon" in the scrap at the local Muffler Man bin..Guess I will have to risk my reputation again and post a pic of the latest imaginations that grow in his head and magically land on the bike..ENO

Attached Files: