"They call me the breeze..."

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Scottm, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Once again I can't thank everyone enough for all their help with this bike. :grin:painting techniques, chain alighnment, springer forks and engine mounting. I had to clean out my PM box twice with all the advice I was given.
    I had planned on getting springers before the forks hit the mail box. The head set got lost in the wreck so I ordered a new set wich didn't fit. So the Disney Princess' lost their head:shock: for a good cause and a perfect fit.

The frame made for difficult installation so I welded a front spacer.
    I put the CDI up high and ran extra wire then used the heat shrink wire wrap for a clean look. Showing off my Texas pride too. And last but not least please welcome the newest MBc rider Duke.

I know how closely everyone looks at details. The chain is loose the threads on the tensioner are stripped and Dax and Spooky are out for several weeks.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007

2. noah

noah Guest

Hey Scott,
    Nice job, bro! Happy and Safe riding.:)
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Your local hardware or machinery supply should have the correct (& better quality) bolt for your tensioner. I believe they are called "shoulder bolts" .

does Duke enjoy the ride??
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice job on the painting
    matches the jag really well
    stylin' !!!
  5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Duke is nervous to begin with but he seems to enjoy it. When I get the harness, he starts jumping and running around. I think he's happy just to be with me. We go to several parks and play ball.
    I got the paint at auto-zone and used contact paper to make the patterns I traced from the bike's white stripes. Topped it off with clear coat. It took several attempts.
    Thanks again, I'm really proud of it. Off to get mirrors.
  6. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Something about dogs and bikes. Both look happy. Nice ride and love the Tejano touch.
  7. alesterfeind

alesterfeind Guest

Looks great Scott! How's the springers? We gotta do mine next...
  8. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Wow! Fantastic job on the paint! Looks factory made for sure.
  9. Scottm

Scottm Guest

point proven

srdavo! my hat is off to you.:D I ran up to Lowes and found the bolt. Dang it's sweet and smooth. My most heart felt gratitude.
    My ex's uncle told me how to get the pressed on bearing off the old bolt, by putting the head of the bolt in a snug vise and tap it out. 2 taps and it was free.

I totally dig the forks, I have not noticed any of the bonejarring bumps that I get from my other MB. I have to be honest and say I don't know if I'm so freaking happy that it together and running, that I don't notice the vibration and the texture of the road like I did w/o springers, if it's the cruiser frame, different motor or everything combined, but it's a smooth ride. I like it and when the Sun comes up tomorrow morning, I'll be in longjohns hunting pants and my leather bomber chasing the darkness away.

I did have to go a totally different way with the front brakes than what I wanted, but I learned a great deal in the process. You know it's funny my ex came over this morning and I put new pads on the front brakes. I could have done it with my eye's closed. But I'm so paranoid about the brakes on my bike. I mean a 30 pound MB with a 130 lbs rider or a 2000 lbs car going 60. You'd think I'd worry about the car more.
    I'd be happy to help you with yours Alesterfeind it's an easy install. (now that I've done it once. It would be fun after another 30 mile trip and a cold one.:grin:

You know, I have not had a bike since I got my driver's license 22 years ago. I got black with gold wheels mongoose dirt bike for Christmas when I was 12. I rode the heck out of that bike and never had to work on it. Now here I am at 38 learning so much.

Dan, comming from you, I take that highly as a compliment. Ask Alesterfiend, my first paint job was rather crummy. You were one of the guys I had asked about painting. You create awesome art work. It would be fun to sit in the corner of your garage in a la-z-boy with a small stocked fridge and watch you build bikes.:cool:
  10. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

The shop door is always open and the beer fridge is always full. You can sit on the couch and watch TV too, if ya want...you'll have to dust off the couch though:grin:
  11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

It's a beauty Scott. Nice paint and good lines.
  12. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Thanks Van, you helped with the chain clearence.
    Actually Dan here's my favorite seat in the house. Best $9 I ever spent.:D

My 7 year old loves racing down the driveway on it too.

Attached Files:

13. scrollerguy

scrollerguy Guest

:grin: Wow! What a nice looking bike, you did the paint job? I have a similar little girls Schwin bike, which has already given up the rear axle slots, much thicker material.

We also have a "Duke" dog, I haven't tried to take him for a ride yet, but summer's coming. He's 7 mos. old, and rules the roost, nothing like a 5 pound Chihuahua!

Nice job on the bike, hope it's not your last.

14. Your chiwawa..chiwahwah...goggie needs a helmet. It would look awesome.
  15. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

Nice Job!!! Great paint look on the gas tank. Clean looking.
  16. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

bee-yoo-tee-fool!! we've created a creative-monster :)

where's the MBc sticker? :p ;)
  17. HEY! How come nobody's crying for the desecration of the poor little princess bicycle?
    That makes me cry!
  18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

princess bike? all i saw was spare parts :p

i bet you look pretty silly when you cry :lol:
  19. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Fantastic job on the bike Scott! You learned so fast that, you'll have to put it in reverse to teach me!
    Large, Now that would be a great picture for the white zone, a Large Filipino on a 10" lil Princess ( with motor ). Ha Heh Ha Ha.
  20. Scottm

Scottm Guest

The very first cassette tape I ever bought was Lynyrd Skynyrd's Second Helping from my friend Steve at school for $2. They've been my favorite band since then. I was wondering what to name my bike one day on the drive home from work. The one day I wasn't day dreaming about the PNW rally:lol:. Call Me the Breeze came on the radio and I yelled out loud in the car "That's it!".

Anyhow, thanks for the compliments. You all have brought out the creativity in me. I really admire all y'alls inspiration and encouragement. I tend to do stuff half hearted and it turns out sloppy and short lived. I kow how close attention to detail everyone pays;). My first paint job was bad and I didn't want to post because I knew you all would see the ugliness, even though I know most artist hate their own work, but no one here ever puts down their Motored Bikes:D. So I wanted to do my best for you because you've spent so much time teaching and encouraging me. I know it's mushy I but I know you know what I mean.
    I'm really friggin proud of my bike and it gives me a kick that you are too.:cool:
    Thanks for everything